16 pictures of nature that are so terrifying you'll have nightmares
The weird and wonderful world that Mother Nature blessed us with is, of course, extraordinary. Planet Earth is home to a multitude of climates, as well as magnificent oceans and mesmerising rainforests that people flock to from all over the world to see. And aside from the human race, our planet boasts millions upon millions of creatures; some friendly, some dangerous, and some downright terrifying.
Whether you're petrified of snakes or can't even brave the most minuscule of spiders, you won't be any better off to learn that there are creatures so creepy that you won't be able to believe they exist outside of a horror flick. And even the most ordinary of things, such as beehives, can become rather terrifying when left to their own devices in the wilderness...
Let's take a gander at some of the most terrifying things that nature has produced, shall we?
1. This is a giant centipede protecting its children
2. These wasps built their home around a disposed child's doll
3. And this hornet's nest was found fused with a wooden statue of a man
4. This hermit crab used a discarded baby doll's head as a shell
5. This is some weird-looking fungi
6.This is Cymothoa Exigua. It’s a parasite which attaches itself to a fish’s gills, eats its tongue and then replaces it…
7. Sheepshead fish have rows of human-like teeth!
8. This lava pit (or possible portal to Hell) looks like it's sucking people into eternal damnation
9. This centipede was eaten by a viper, but it found a way to chew itself out
10. These pythons separated themselves by colour, straight after hatching. Clever, huh?
11. This is Eulagisca Gigantean, a type of Antarctic worm species
12. There are so many bees in this plug socket that their honey is starting to leak out
13. This person's mussel contained a half-eaten crab!
14. This is apparently a pufferfish skeleton
15. This is what the inside of a sea lamprey's mouth looks like
16. And what on earth is this?!
Well if that's not enough to give you a week's worth of night terrors, I don't know what is. Seriously, I don't think I'm going to be leaving my house anytime soon...