13 celebrities that you didn't know dated
The world of celebrity relationships is one that remains relatively shrouded from us. Read all the tabloids you want and you'll only ever uncover is tiny tidbits of information which only give way to speculation and rumour, not fact. We can deny it, but we all have voyeuristic tendencies - the majority of which tend to revolve around whether our favourite on-screen coupling is translating into a romantic liaison off-screen.
And it's hard not to care - we see these faces, day in and day out on shows such as Game of Thrones, Stranger Things and whatever new original Netflix has released. I mean, who wasn't secretly elated that Jon Snow and Ygritte found a way to be together outside of Westeros? And before you start worrying about me, no, I don't really care, but considering that we live in a world full of stress (commuting, finances, grocery shopping, you name it), it's quite nice to de-compress with a bit of good ol' fashioned gossip at the end of the day.
So let's dive into something particularly salacious today, shall we? Here are 13 celebrities who managed the impossible and actually kept their relationship out of the press - some even managed it for years!
1. Matthew Broderick dated his Ferris Bueller's Day Off co-star Jennifer Grey without the press knowing until they were both involved in a horrifying car-crash in 1987
2. Big Bang Theory co-stars, Kaley Cuoco and Johnny Galecki dated in secret for two years
3. Lena Headey and Jerome Flynn aka Cersei Lannister and Bronn were together for a year back in 2002, but things ended so badly that they are "no longer on speaking terms" and have to be kept apart on the set of Game of Thrones
4. Alexis Bledel & Milo Ventimiglia kept their relationship a secret for three years before breaking up in 2006. They met on the set of Gilmore Girls, naturally
5. Sophia Bush and Austin Nichols started seeing each other secretly in 2006 and no one found out about it till 2010
6. Raven-Symoné and AzMarie Livingston kept their relationship quiet for three whole years
7. Justin Timberlake & Jenna Dewan-Tatum dated briefly after the star got his heart broken by Britney Spears
8. Sandra Bullock and Ryan Gosling dated for a year before splitting in 2002. Bullock was a whole 16 years older than Gosling
9. Madonna revealed that she and Michael Jackson used to smooch back in the day on James Corden's Carpool Karaoke
10. Bradley Cooper and Renee Zellweger dated for two years before calling it quits in 2011. What?!
11. Drew Barrymore & David Arquette used to date when they were "kids"...
12. January Jones and Ashton Kutcher dated for three years before splitting in 2001. This was just before the Mad Men actress went on to achieve worldwide fame
13. After years of speculation, Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx are now a confirmed thing, and many believe that they've been dating in secret for a whopping five years!
Well, I don't know about you but some of those really took me by surprise. Seriously, who would have guessed that Madonna and Michael Jackson used to get it on?!
If you're dying to know more about Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx's liaison, this is exactly how they managed to keep it secret for five years