14 celebrities who had surprising first jobs
The majority of us have a mindless fascination with the lives of the rich and famous. Whether we routinely pick up tabloid magazines, or spend too long scrolling through the Instagram accounts of today's biggest models and television stars, one thing is for certain, we can't help but be in awe of their lifestyle.
I mean, it's hard not to be. From shopping at some of the biggest fashion houses to chartering luxury yachts, the top one per cent has a plethora of activities to choose from when they're not busy filming Hollywood's latest blockbuster or leading the pack at this years Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.
Sometimes we forget, however, that these superstars are indeed human, and most probably led entirely normal lives before their ascent into fame. In fact, you may find yourself very surprised about what some of the world's biggest actors and musicians got up to before they became household names. Let's take a look, shall we?
1. Brad Pitt used to dress up as a chicken for an El Pollo Loco restaurant in Los Angeles
2. Rihanna was an army cadet
3. Johnny Depp worked as a telemarketer
4. Jim Carrey dropped out of school in order to support his family and worked as a janitor
5. Pierce Brosnan was a professional fire-eater
6. Harrison Ford worked as a carpenter
7. Christopher Lee was part of the intelligence service
8. Danny DeVito worked at a mortuary as a hairdresser
9. Steve Buscemi was a firefighter
10. Barack Obama worked as a server at Baskin Robbins
11. David Bowie worked as a delivery boy for a butcher's
12. Chris Pratt worked as a stripper when he was strapped for cash in Hawaii
13. George Clooney cut tobacco, was an insurance salesman, stacked shelves and sold women's shoes
14. Bill Murray used to sell chestnuts outside a grocery store in Chicago
Well there you have it, there is hope for us after all. I'm sure that these greats had no idea that in a few short years they would be living it up in Hollywood and achieving success in their dream careers.