14 Celebrity Instagrams that taught us what really happens at the Emmys
We all spent last night curled up on the sofa, soaking in the action happening at the 69th Primetime Emmy awards. As we know, it was a great night for the dystopian series The Handmaiden's Tale, as well as Big Little Lies, Atlanta and Saturday Night Live.
And yes, we were disappointed when fan-favourites Westworld and Stranger Things left empty-handed, but not only did we have all of the incredibly luxe evening wear to perk us up, but our favourite celebs were on top form when it came to documenting their night on their various social media platforms.
So let's take a look at what Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon and co got up to during the big night...
1. Oprah had to make sure her feet were red carpet ready...
2. Jessica Biel revealed that everything doesn't always go according to plan
3. Julia Louis-Dreyfus had to save her feet before the big night
4. Rachel Bloom ensured that she stayed hydrated
5. Sarah Hyland got ready in her kitchen
6. Jessica Biel got excited about meeting Jane Fonda
7. Shailene Woodley showed that it takes a village
8. Uzo Aduba and friends were super excited for the night
9. Sofia Vergara sported the same hairdo as Jane Fonda
10. Sofia also struggled to fit her dress into her car...
11. Elizabeth Moss enjoyed a facial
12. Mandy Moore couldn't be without her pink manicure
13. Melissa McCarthy and her husband Ben Falcone took a selfie before turning up
14. Tracee Ellis Ross showed off her super glam Chanel ensemble
It's always fun to have a glimpse at what goes on behind the scenes of these black tie events. And thanks to social media, we can now see what exactly goes into getting ready for the year's biggest night for television. Spoiler alert: it requires a lot of prep.
In other celebrity related news, here are 13 celebrities that you didn't know dated...