All the best red carpet looks from the 2018 VMAs
The 2018 MTV Music Video Awards took place last night to celebrate the visual masterpieces that accompany today's most loved hits. Dua Lipa, Drake, and Shawn Mendes were all nominated for awards, but it was artists such as Cardi B, Nicki Minaj and Jennifer Lopez who took the trophies home.
Childish Gambino won three prizes for This Is America, and Camila Cabello was the winner of the two biggest awards – video of the year for Havana and artist of the year. Ariana Grande was up for five awards, and though she only took one home, she gave an incredible performance of God Is a Woman, inviting her cousin, her mother and her grandmother onto stage with her.
It was also a big night for Ariana due to the fact that it was her first public appearance with fiancé Pete Davidson. The two were clearly very loved-up, exchanging kisses in front of photographers on the red carpet.
Speaking of which, no reportage of an A-list event would be complete without a fashion breakdown. So without further ado, here are 15 looks from the red carpet that most deserve our attention.
1. J-Lo, looking a total knock-out as per usual
2. Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson made their red carpet debut together and couldn't have been any more adorable
3. Nicki Minaj wore a pool party inspired look to pick up her new award
4. SZA, looking glam as ever
5. Cardi B being her usual divine self
6. Shawn Mendes wore a two-toned suit before a costume change for his performance on stage
7. Amber Rose wore one of the more controversial outfits of the evening, but used the event as an excuse to promote her upcoming SlutWalk
8. Blake Lively dazzled in a suit - her favourite kind of outfit as of late
9. Anna Kendrick joined Blake onstage to present an award
10. Travis Scott was one of the performers who took the stage during the evening
11. And of course, his girlfriend Kylie Jenner was there to cheer him on
12. Logic was up for two nominations
13. Madonna wore some of the trinkets she took home from her Morocco birthday trip - which got her into a bit of trouble
14. Blac Chyna appeared to have been inspired by chainmail
15. Iggy Azalea mixed baby pink with leather for her look
Well, for an event that celebrates all things visual, the turnout wasn't too bad, was it?