15 Moments you probably totally missed at the 2019 Oscars
Around this time every year, movie buffs unite in order to sink their teeth into the Oscars - the very pinnacle of cinematic celebration. With so much going on at each ceremony, though, it's difficult to keep up with it all.
Of course, we know by now about Rami Malek's awkward fall (and subsequent trip to the paramedics'), Lady Gaga's cosy moments with co-star Bradley Cooper, and Spike Lee's anger at not winning Best Picture with BlacKkKlansman; but there was so much more going on behind the scenes that we just weren't privy to...
1. Olivia Coleman spent half her acceptance speech apologising to Glenn Close
2. Spike Lee gave Samuel L Jackson a flying hug after winning his first Oscar...
3. And then used his acceptance speech to throw shade at Trump
4. Chris Evans won everyone's hearts by helping Regina King up on stage
5. Rami Malek spent the whole evening with a crooked bow tie...
6. But that didn't stop him from kissing Gary Oldman
7. Maya Rudolph was apparently the only person who approved of Trevor Noah's Mel Gibson joke
8. Someone was quick to update Wikipedia after Glenn Close lost out on *another* Oscar
9. Chris Evans had his own mini celebration when he saw Black Panther had scooped a second award
10. Trevor Noah made a joke that only Xhosa speakers could understand
11. Glenn Close had a staring contest with Melissa McCarthy
12. Krysten Ritter surprised everyone by being very pregnant
13. Melissa McCarthy and Brian Tyree Henry gave everyone The Favourite energy they deserved...
14. But ditched the outfit for a tracksuit later in the evening
15. Lady Gaga and Madonna had the best time at the afterparty
What a night!