Here are the first photos from the final season of Game of Thrones
If you've never seen HBO's epic fantasy-drama Game of Thrones, or you're a fan planning on doing a re-watch, now would be the perfect time to start. 67 episodes have aired, and there's 67 days until the season eight premiere, on Sunday, April 14. That means you can watch an episode a day, leading right up to the final season! Of course, the series is so addicting, you'll probably plow through it all in a month. Or a week. It's basically the Lord of the Rings mixed with crack. Your mileage may vary.
Now, the storyline has been kept top secret, we have learned a few details about the last season. It will consist of six super-sized episodes, which cost approximately $15 million to produce. That means they'll be chock-full of incredible battles, including one that lasts an hour. Kit Harrington, who plays Jon Snow, says the cast were 'sleep deprived' and 'crying' while shooting the finale. And Sophie Turner, who plays Sansa Stark, was banned from washing her hair. Oh, the sacrifices actors make!
Last month HBO released the first official teaser for the Game of Thrones finale, causing fans to scream with excitement. (Well, either that or they were being murdered at a Red Wedding. It's hard to tell.) Today the network followed that up with another tease, releasing 14 tantalizing photos of the last season. Whether you're House Stark, House Lannister or House Finish Writing The Damn Books George, your excitement will surely be stoked. It is known.
1. Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen, lovers, and nephew and aunt. It's a close family.
2. Sansa Stark, after being told she can't wash her hair. That's gonna stank!
3. Cersei Lannister, hanging out with her many friends
4. Tyrion Lannister, after being asked what he got his dad for Father's Day
5. Arya Stark, famous for her makeup-free selfies, and wearing-other-people's-faces selfies
6. Jon Snow, ally of the Wildlings, enemy of PETA
7. Cersei Lannister, celebrating her free time now that the kids are out of the house
8. Samwell Tarly, finding a secret room in the Citadel library, which has every issue of Goosebumps. Sah-weeet!
9. Jamie Lannister, about to ask a fair maiden if she can lend him a hand, if you know what I mean...
10. Daenerys Targaryen, imaging her ex, Aquaman, living thirst trap. (Sorry, Jon.)
11. One of those guys you don't remember. No, I'm not going to tell you. Wa ha ha!
Okay, it's Varys.
12. Bran, not to be confused with Bron, Brin, Brun, Bren, Bryn or Brooooooooon
13. Davos Seaworth, former smuggler. Pat him down before he leaves your party.
14. Brienne of Tarth. That's it. What? These won't all be winners
Only 67 days left, nerds! (Spoiler alert: It all ends with Hot Pie on the Iron Throne.)