13 examples of textbook vandalism that will brighten your day
The trials and tribulations of life at school, though they seemed so potentially life-altering and profoundly important, were, in reality, mere drops in the ocean compared with the veritable tsunami that is adulthood.
Personally, my memories of interminable boredom in the classroom are numerous. Perhaps that is why I proved such a scourge to my teachers' patience: because my own had been worn so very thin by the incessant mundanity of it all.
In such times, misbehavior is the lifeblood to which the educationally disenchanted so desperately cleave; determined, by any means necessary, to carve through the quotidian. There were, of course, innumerable conduits to mischief in the classroom, many of which involved the exasperation of the teacher.
One of the more harmless, though, was doodling absently on one's textbook. A perfect way to while away the hours in class, textbook doodling had the added advantage of being a fairly inconspicuous leisure activity. Here are hilarious examples.
1. Now that's a band I'd pay to see live
3. This person is a genius
4. 21st century history
5. Now there's a textbook I'd enjoy reading
6. Great imagination
7. CPR as administered by a vampire
8. Like one of those books where you decide what happens next
10. Who needs storage disks when you've got a t-rex?
11. This textbook just got a lot more readable
12. And next up to the plate...
13. I think we can all relate to this
13 examples there of how to alleviate the day-t-day struggles of trying to concentrate in class. Of course, you could throw all caution to the wind and actually, you know, learn something. Stranger things have happened.