15 of the craziest problems tech support workers have ever had to deal with
"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" These are the fateful words which so many people have had to dispense to those in their hour of need. Whether it's your mum composing every text with her little finger or your granddad calling the police on the sat nav, technophobia comes in many forms.
To put the issue in perspective, 800,000 people Google the word "Google" every month. That's a lot of misguided individuals blundering their way through 21st-century life. To celebrate the many issues faced by technophobes, here are 15 of the craziest problems tech support workers have ever had to deal with.
1. A grape to go with the apple?
2. A unique way to catch a cheater
3. Windows 90-phwwooaaarrr
4. Where to start...
5. Close but no cigar
6. Spaghetti, anyone?
7. If Dusty Springfield drove a Dacia Duster through a desert, it still wouldn't be as dusty as this
8. If the cast of Grease flew to... Nah, I won't do another one
9. Absolutely gutted
10. A problem hastily addressed without much thought is a problem solved for at least a few minutes
11. The mallet is just out of shot
12. Next stop: ironing the spoons
13. But it cut cooking times in half
14. After thousands of years, it's been found
15. Don't try this at home
So there you have it. Next time you get asked to provide a little tech support to a relative, be patient and remember that these guys in tech support have been asked much more stupid questions. I'm off to clean out my computer fan.