15 people reveal what it was like to hide their relationship from the world
In the words of an age-old children's rhyme, in some relationships, first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage. When we were growing up, receiving our very first kisses and staging fake wedding ceremonies on the school playground, this rhyme seemed like the way life was meant to go. However, if there's one thing that getting older teaches you, it's that relationships don't always pan out the way you thought they would.
While many romances out there run smoothly, other people in couples are forced to hide their love and devotion from the eyes of the world - and it's certainly no picnic. Whisper tracked down 15 of these very couples, who shared the trauma of concealing their partners from their loved ones. Reading their stories, we can only hope that we never have to be in the same position.
1. Someone needs to tell this person that looks aren't everything
2. Every girl likes a bad boy
3. Parents are the worst people to have to lie to
4. Age isn't everything - but it is when your parents are involved
5. Absence makes the heart grow fonder
6. Someone is creating a web of lies here
7. There's keeping to yourself, and then there's this
8. No #relationshipgoals for these guys
9. Someone's family needs to be taught a lesson
10. We've all bundled a partner into the closet at one point or another
11. Toilet, WWE title belt, makes no difference really...
12. Do friends know best?
13. Overprotective parents are the worst
14. Hand up who thinks she should tell her mum
15. Manners don't cost a thing
So, although hiding a relationship sounds fun and passionate, these stories show that it isn't all it's cracked up to be. Being able to tell the world about your love is truly the best thing that you can hope to do.