16 tweets that prove kids are just plain annoying
They say that having children is the greatest privilege and greatest challenge that we'll ever be subjected to in our lives and I'd be inclined to agree with that sentiment. Well, half agree; having kids is no doubt a great challenge, but as far as I'm concerned, the jury is still out on the privilege bit.
Yeah, getting to be a parent is one of life's transformative experiences, but that doesn't mean it's not difficult or frustrating. The tiny human in your care can sometimes be impossible to please, screaming and wailing for a number of reasons that are both difficult to explain and extremely irritating. Here are some of the weirdest (and most annoying) things a parent has to endure during their time raising a child.
1. Children have the tiniest bladders
2. "Excuse me, gentlemen. I've got to retrieve the special mop"
3. "That's... that's not what I meant"
4. What a lovely, 10,000-decibel bundle of joy
5. "Is it still funny now?!"
6. Kids can be rather inquisitive, can't they?
7. "Good night" can be a little bit of a misnomer
8. The unwanted sequel to the Neverending Story
9. College kids aren't exactly well-known for regularly calling home
10. To be fair that's pretty clever
11. Children logic is a lot more palatable when you're drunk
12. Future stand-up comedian, this one
13. Romance is a lot harder when you have kids
14. Admirable traits, just not for that exact situation
15. ...Now that's two messes you're going to have to clean up
16. That has backfired terribly
Ah, kids. Those little, annoying bundles of joy. I think we all have to be thankful that these little guys are adorable, because if they weren't, we'd probably have abandoned every kid long before they made it to adulthood. For all you parents out there: whenever your son or daughter is having a tantrum or otherwise being completely ridiculous, try to remember this list, and laugh away your pent-up frustration. It'll all be worth it in the end, right?