17 Delicious meals from restaurants which straight-up refuse to use plates
Food is great, isn't it? Keeps us all alive, I hear. When you cook it in your own kitchen, it's pretty great, giving you a sense of pride, but there's nothing like going out in your nicest clothes, paying a chef to make your dinner for you. Try it sometime - I wholeheartedly recommend it.
Of course, in this modern age which I like to refer to as the loud death-rattle of capitalism, restaurants want to go above and beyond to make their culinary experience a unique one - often at the expense of sanity, practicality and sometimes, safety. These meals you're about to see are pretty great, but I think they'd be much better if they were served in plates.
1. Serving six olives really doesn't need to be this complicated
2. This gravy is served in a can of beer. But what happened to the beer that was inside that can of beer?
3. Mushrooms in a spade, anyone?
4. Well, how about an English Breakfast in a shovel?
5. No? Well then... what about English Breakfast in greaseproof paper?
6. Get the Shawshank Redemption experience
7. What on earth is going on here
8. Rum cocktail, served in a suitcase
9. Somewhere out there, there's a bored cat looking in for his climbing perch
10. When you want to go for a picnic, but it's raining outside
11. But imagine how much time they'd save on dishwashing
12. Actually, that's a really adorable little wheelbarrow
13. Dessert deserves better than this
14. Roast dinner on tiered plates was always going to be a terrible idea
15. This restaurant were devastated when they couldn't serve meals in bin lids any more...
16. Well, that's dessert ruined
17. "This is not what I thought you meant when you said I should keep an eye out for the tuna."
Well, there you have it, folks. What's wrong with a plate, you ask? Well, I'm right there with you. These are too crazy for any sane man or woman to consider, and I will bet you a lot of money that all of these meals will be massively overpriced. I might just head to a McDonald's instead.