10 Women share their dating horror stories and they'll put you off love for life
Dating has always been a tricky game; but even in the twenty-first century, with its myriad dating apps and online match-making services that purport to make whole thing easier, it's still far from easy to find 'the one'.
Of course, you can use Tinder if you're just interested in getting laid and, frankly, aren't too bothered about anything meaningful and serious right now. But for those people who are actually looking for love, this isn't normally a viable option.
In reality, you've got to - whisper it - go out and actually meet people. And that can be daunting, scary, and sometimes downright bizarre, as these women found out. Here are their dating horror stories - try not to let them put you off the whole thing forever.
1. A whirlwind romance
2. There's thrifty, and then there's this guy
3. Meet the date and his parents all in one fell swoop
4. Bit presumptuous
5. Have you spoken to God lately?
6. When your phone charger is broken and HQ Trivia is life
7. And they say chivalry is dead
8. Was this guy about to sit the weirdest exam ever?
9. I'm 100% certain that line doesn't work 99% of the time
10. Surefire way to secure a second date: lend your date Sophie's Choice
I don't know about you, but I certainly feel a little better about my own nightmare dates after reading about these calamitous meetings. These are, of course, extreme scenarios, and hopefully your own dating experiences are far more happy than these.