15 Women reveal the reasons they lied about being on birth control
On average, people tell between three and six lies per day. These could be small things like, "no, of course I didn't eat the last Oreo," or medium things such as, "sorry I can't make it to your party later - I've got the flu", or huge matters; like whether or not you kept your promise to not watch the latest episode of your favorite TV show until your partner was with you.
Seriously, though, there are some things that should never be lied about, and the use of birth control is one of them.
Birth control is used for two reasons: firstly as a contraception (duh, it's in the name) and secondly as a preventative measure against getting STDs. But, if a couple knows that they're STD-free and don't need to use condoms, they should rely on other forms of contraception. However, all of these alternatives have to be taken by women.
Obviously, this makes the whole concept of contraception a one-sided thing, meaning that it's super easy for those women to then lie about whether or not they've actually gone through with the correct methods of preventing any unwanted babies from happening. But why would they do that? Well, here's 15 reasons...
1. If you can't deal with a shot, you almost certainly can't deal with a kid
2. Heat of the moment panic is no excuse
3. This is literally just pure recklessness
4. But does the father know?
5. A lie after the fact is still a lie
6. Having a kid is not a decision to be made lightly
7. As far as double whammies go, this is a pretty big one
8. One tiny lie can change an entire lifetime
9. I feel so sorry for this kid
10. This person sounds way too young and immature for a child
11. No matter how committed you are to a relationship, this is never ok
12. Um, it kinda is
13. This is unfair to the dad and the kid
14. At least she finally told the truth
15. This is incredibly selfish
No matter the reason for lying, then, it's always a terrible one. Having an unwanted child - or even an unwanted pregnancy - can change the lives of everyone involved.