17 Couples reveal how jealousy totally ruined their relationships
Being in a long-term, committed relationship is hard enough as it is, but it gets even more difficult once you stop being able to trust your significant other. If infidelity has been a problem in the past, either in your current coupling or a previous relationship, the spectre of jealousy can rear its ugly head, and can cause an otherwise happy relationship into something ugly and painful.
If you let it, jealousy and insecurity can completely ruin a relationship, leaving people feeling isolated and insecure, putting them through some intense emotional pain. These 17 couples are just a small sample of the kind of things that can happen when a loving relationship is torn apart by jealousy.
1. Jealousy can turn love against you
2. It can also make a marriage impossible to be in
3. Controlling behaviour from a significant other has ruined many a relationship
4. No matter how much you love the person, it makes it difficult to be with them
5. There's still time for this young person to get their life back on track
6. It's not only a problem in long term relationships, either
7. Jealousy can even damage your connections once the relationship is over
8. With a jealous partner, it doesn't take much to set them off
9. Insecurity can be difficult to navigate
10. Sometimes, we're aware of the problem, but seemingly powerless to stop it...
11. It's no fun for the jealous person either
12. Jealousy can leave us overwhelmed with regret
13. Our loved ones can only take so much
14. Some couples resort to unorthodox methods to help mend their relationship
15. It sometimes stems from a lack of confidence in our own desirability
16. A relationship without trust is doomed to failure
17. Constant accusations of infidelity can lead to our worst fears being realised...
Learning to trust another person fully is never an easy thing, but for that to happen, you need trust. If you're struggling to trust your partner in a relationship like these couples above, it might be worth looking inwards to see if there's anything you can do to make yourself more secure. Or, it may also be time to sever the relationship completely.