This elderly couple had a photoshoot 60 years after their wedding
If you've made the time to find someone with whom you'd like to spend the rest of your life, your wedding is probably going to be one of the best days ever. Naturally, you're going to want to take photos on your big day. Otherwise, who's to say it happened at all? Without wedding photos, people who meet you will assume that you kidnapped your wife or husband and forced them to marry you at gunpoint, and that the affection they currently show you is an advanced form of Stockholm Syndrome.
This elderly couple were one of quite a few not to have any photo evidence of their big day. Now, 60 years, nine children, 16 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren later, they've finally got the snaps their long and fulfilling marriage deserves. Check out the wonderful photos below!
1. The bride and groom share an embrace
2. Presumably, this is the car they'll drive to their honeymoon
3. The groom plants a kiss on his bride's forehead, like he must have done thousands of times before
4. Here are the happy couple on a bench
5. Exchanging their vows (which they've pretty much fulfilled at this point)
6. Holding hands through six decades of partnerships
7. The trees in the background are bare but this couple's love is evergreen
8. It's a little bit late for regrets...
9. Off to enjoy the rest of their lives with each other
10. A ceremony that's as intimate and comfortable as the couple
11. There's the bouquet. I don't imagine it's going to get thrown...
12. The happy couple
13. Sometimes, happily ever after does exist
Of course, everyone and their aunt will tell you that 50 per cent of couples will go through a divorce, and try to dissuade you from getting married as a result. I like to think of things from a different angle; in a world with so many challenges, temptations and painful separations, it's amazing to me that 50 per cent of couples actually go the distance.
Congrats, you two. I hope you've both got many years of love left in you.