17 translation fails that are absolutely hilarious
If you're reading this article, it's fair to say you're pretty-well versed with the English language. In the same vein, you'll also be quite aware of how much you take that gift for granted. Take a trip to nations around the world and you'll soon find that not only do people not speak English as their first language, sometimes, they don't speak it at all.
The good news is that even in places where English isn't as common as we'd like, we've got translators. The bad news is that half of the time, they're not very good. Go to lands far away and not only will translations like the ones below be unhelpful, in many cases they'll actually be worse than if you had no translation at all.
1. RIP Paul
2. I wonder what they were trying to say here...
3. I'm not sure what they were trying to say, but I don't think they meant for it to sound so dirty
4. Well, maybe not in those words
5. Not quite the same thing
6. This cheese is enough to stop you in your tracks
7. That's going to be one hell of a noise
8. I'm sure that isn't necessary
9. Coconut humans, my favourite!
10. In this swimming pool, the only rule is... there are no rules, apparently
11. Never use the problem. Always use the solution
12. For when you're cheating on your diet and you want to get really literal
13. Only regular women in this establishment
14. That is not a flamingo
15. That is one skilled donkey
16. Mmm, delicious!
17. Thank you for being specific
There are many dangers when traveling abroad, but chief among them is getting odd instructions for poorly-translated signs. It's not always easy to know when you're being misled, but please try to employ some common sense while you're out there.
Happy travels folks!