15 People reveal their most creative ways of hiding their valuables from thieves
Unfortunately, it's a fact of life; at some point or another, you're going to have something of yours stolen away from you, and it's not always easy to get over. Whether it's that bike you got for your 13th birthday that disappeared four days later, or a trinket from a long-passed relative that held more emotional value than financial, it's never nice to be the victim of burglars or thieves.
However, in the wake of such dastardly burglary, some people are getting wiser, and have come up with some creative ways of hiding their stuff from thieves when our doorways and walls are eventually breached.
1. A secret drawer in the windowsill
2. A nifty set of rotating bookshelves
3. A secret bookshelf
4. It's a birdhouse... or is it?
5. Hide your belongings in boxers that look a lot like a jar of grains
6. A secret chair compartment
7. Nobody's ever going to check a diaper when stealing your stuff at the beach
8. My only question with this is... how does it open?
9. Taking the right steps to secure your home... literally
10. What a nice family photo - oh wait
11. Nobody will ever find my secret candy stash again
12. Though I guess having blank CDs in this day and age is a little suspicious...
13. Don't mind me, I'm just charging my phone...
14. Take the sting out of any burglary with this "hornet's nest"
15. This toy jar isn't monkeying around
Well, there you have it folks. Dealing with thieves can be next to impossible, and it's pretty much inevitable that you'll be targeted at some point or another. When that happens, you can use some of these hacks to ensure that the damage will at least be limited.