14 Common words you never realised you were pronouncing incorrectly
The English language is a strange thing. Fraught with all sort of bizarre spelling and grammar rules which seem especially designed to trip you up, it's no wonder that people have such a hard time learning how to fluently read, write and speak English.
And it doesn't just end there, as native speakers or anyone who has ever attempted to learn the language will know, you'll often come to find that you've been pronouncing words incorrectly. I mean, just have a gander at this list of common words which you have, undoubtedly, been pronouncing wrong your whole life.
Beware, you'll likely to feel rather embarrassed by end of it...
1. They're totally the same thing
2. What if?
3. Sounds about right
4. Didn't you know?
5. This makes complete sense
6. This sounds so much better
7. Can vegans even eat mustard?
8. We all love huevos rancheros
10. Everyone's two favourite people
11. Let's just agree to disagree with this one
12. Tyrone's everywhere are so pleased about this
13. The best of both worlds?
14. Now this is too much
Are you not just absolutely flabbergasted that you've been getting these basic terms wrong for so long? I know I certainly am.