20 new 'Game of Thrones' photos have been released ahead of final season
Ladies and gentlemen, it's the end of an era.
Crashing its way onto our screens with impressive violence, plenty of dramatic twists and turns and around 100 percent more incest than we're used to seeing, Game of Thrones will take its final bow this April, as the HBO fantasy epic nears its final credits.
Eager to avoid even hinting at a spoiler, HBO have kept things close to their chest, but Twitter might have just put the cat amongst the pigeons, so to speak. As part of a retweet campaign to drum up anticipation for the latest series (as if any was needed), we've got as many as 20 new character posters to look at.
...Oh. You wanted me to show them to you. That's fair enough. Okay.
1. First up, here's Jon Snow
2. And here's Daenarys Targaryen, Mother of Dragons
3. Cersei Lannister is next up, arch villainess and my personal fave
4. Then, Jaime Lannister shows up, and it'll be interesting to see his character arc
5. Tyrion completes a hat trick of Lannisters
6. Arya Stark will also return, and she'll definitely kick some butt
7. Sansa Stark is perhaps the most improved player in the Game of Thrones
8. Bran Stark has been on the periphery of the action for quite some time now
9. I for one am glad Brienne of Tarth will be returning in season eight
10. I am genuinely surprised that Davos Seaworth is still alive
11. Here's Euron Greyjoy, the craziest son of a gun left in the Seven Kingdoms
12. Greyworm, the leader of the Unsullied, also makes an appearance
13. Next up, it's the newly de-scaled (and permanently friend-zoned) Jorah Mormont
14. Melisandre, the Red Witch, still has a huge part to play in the final season
15. Missandei still remains one of Daenarys' most-trusted allies
16. Samwell Tarly, lest we forget, was the first person to kill a White Walker on Game of Thrones
17. Here's hoping Theon Greyjoy can earn his redemption in the final season
18. Varys hadn't shown up in any of the season eight promotion before now
19. The Hound's got a big rematch coming up...
20. Finally, it's the Thanos of Westeros, built up for nearly eight years - the Night King
Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm positively pumped for the last season of Game of Thrones. In a show renowned for its twists, turns and bleak nature, literally anything could happen, but who will come out on top? Find out in April, for the final season of Game of Thrones. You don't want to miss it.