Here's what the cast of 'The Vampire Diaries' looks like a decade on from its premiere
There have been countless vampire movies released over the years, but few blood-sucking tales have had success on TV like The Vampire Diaries. To put its popularity into context, over the years, it has been nominated for a whopping 115 awards and won 37 of them, as per Wikipedia.
Now, the hit CW show is a decade old, and in celebration of the love triangles and heart-stopping twists it's treated us to over the years, we've compiled a list of then and now pictures of its very famous cast, who, surprisingly, aren't immortal - even if they look that way.
Check out the trailer for classic vampire movie, The Vampire's Kiss, below:
Running from 2009 to 2017, the show won legions of fans and helped to catapult many unknown actors to international fame.
1. Nina Dobrev as Elena Gilbert/Katherine Pierce/Amara
2. Paul Wesley as Stefan Salvatore
3. Ian Somerhalder as Damon Salvatore
4. Kat Graham as Bonnie Bennett
5. Candice King as Caroline Forbes
6. Zach Roerig as Matt Donovan
7. Michael Trevino as Tyler Lockwood
8. Steven R. McQueen as Jeremy Gilbert
9. Matthew Davis as Alaric Saltzman
10. Michael Malarkey as Enzo St. John
11. Joseph Morgan as Klaus Mikaelson
12. Marguerite MacIntyre as Liz Forbes
13. Sara Canning as Jenna Gilbert
14. Claire Holt as Rebekah Mikaelson
15. Daniel Gillies as Elijah Mikaelson
16. Jodi Lyn O'Keefe as Jo Laughlin
17. Kayla Ewell as Vicki Donovan
18. Chris Wood as Kai Parker
19. Arielle Kebbel as Lexi Branson
Nowadays, The Vampire Diaries lives on in the form of its spinoff, Legacies, which has been airing on CW since 2018, and with an impressive critical sore of 80% and an audience score of 85% on Rotten Tomatoes, it is certainly worth a watch.
Legacies season two is currently airing on CW every Friday at 9 pm.