16 Women who are seriously sexist against other women
Many people are under the incorrect assumption that only men can be sexist to women, but rather, women can be just as prejudiced, if not more so towards their own kind. While this may seen counter-intuitive, it reveals a deeper truth about society as it stands today: discrimination towards the female sex, and the gender norms which perpetuate it are more entrenched than we realise.
Of course, there has been progress. The resurgence of the women's rights movement in the last decade has enlightened many men and women, who otherwise would have continued to hold regressive conceptions of what women's place in society is. However, there is always more work to be done, and this begins with listening and attempting to understand the views of the prejudiced.
In honour of this sentiment, here are 16 women who admit to being sexist towards other women...
1. Some women feel remorseful about exhibiting sexist behaviour
2. And others... Don't
3. Putting up a facade helps
4. Certain women are loud and proud about it
5. Like this woman, too
6. Admitting you have a problem is the first step...
7. If that's what you want, it's your decision
8. Some women remain committed to "traditional" values
9. "Men are hunters, women are gatherers"
10. There are a lot of things to unpack here...
11. We can't say that this statement makes any sense, whatsoever
12. This woman would benefit from reading up about what exactly feminism is...
13. Ditto, this woman
14. Oh, and this one too
15. "Because they are different"
While some of these statements might be disturbing to those who are well-versed in the tenants of feminism, it's incredibly important to understand and unpack the convictions of people who don't believe that equality is necessary. This firstly allows us to learn how to approach and deal with such women, and secondly, informs us how we could best get our points across to convince them otherwise.