9 things all couples will quickly learn when living together
So you're in love and you've spoken about moving in together. Congratulations - but I'm sorry to tell you that it's not going to be a walk in the park. Nope, coexisting is hard work, and there are certain things you'll start learning the moment you put down those moving boxes.
Perhaps the most important thing you need to know is that, no matter how much you adore the other person, you're still sure to drive each other completely crazy. So yeah, anyway - good luck with all that. I'm going to go feel smug about being single now.
1. One person will be the 'messy one' - is it you?
2. The moment you move in, you enter a savage battle for control of the TV remote/Netflix account
3. Bad cook? I hereby name you the official washer-upper
4. Forget about a clean bedroom - you can look forward to finding clothes all over the floor, in random piles, for years to come
5. Your partner takes way longer in the bathroom than you could have ever anticipated
6. When you think it's hot, they think it's cold - and vice versa
7. You'll buy useless items you never imagined needing
8. The other person's hair gets everywhere
9. Your partner has at least one annoying quirk that you never noticed before - and it will drive you absolutely crazy
Good luck out there, couples! If you're lucky, you might even find a hilariously sassy note from a previous homeowner while you're at it.