Dramatic footage has been released showing man smashing up Donald Trump's 'Walk of Fame' star
You don't have to be a part of any particular political party to realise that Donald Trump's presidency has been polarising, to say the least. He definitely has a passionate fanbase who will defend every inflammatory tweet to their graves, but there are a lot of people out there who didn't vote for him and are enraged over the policies he's implemented or removed in the last seventeen months.
For those that oppose his presidency and the decision he's made, there have been various outlets. Recently, there was a monumental turnout for an anti-Trump protest across the United Kingdom, featuring a baby balloon mocking him - and that's coming from those who don't even live in the same country.
Trump is different to a lot of previous U.S. presidents, in that he has starred on reality television in the past, making money off his name and notoriety on The Apprentice before he even made the jump to politics. He even has his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame - or, at least, he used to.
His star was vandalised early on Wednesday morning, after someone took a pickaxe to it, absolutely obliterating the thing. The suspect allegedly concealed the tool in a guitar case before the incident, and took to the walkway at around 3 am local time.
Some time later, the man reportedly called the police and surrendered to the Beverly Hills Police Department.
Lt. Karen Leon, from the Los Angeles Police Department, told the Los Angeles Times that he “called police and advised he had vandalised Donald Trump’s star and basically called on himself and said, ‘See you soon.’”
As it turns out, we don't just have the aftermath to look at - as someone managed to capture the incident on film. The footage was obtained by TMZ, who have uploaded the video, which shows the culprit destroying Trump's star, while onlookers passed by without intervening.
This isn't even the first time this has happened to Trump's star, as another man destroyed the former version back in 2016.
James Lambert Otis claimed he destroyed the star to show his support for the various women who have accused the president of sexual harassment, in addition to the infamous tape in which Trump was caught admitting to groping women.
Otis later pleaded no contest to felony vandalism and received three years' probation, 20 days of community service, and $4,400 in fines.
The culprit this time around was being held on $20,000 bail, but he didn't have to fork up the cash - James Otis did. That's right, the man who previously destroyed the star with a sledgehammer before the election, is currently working to bail him out.
At the time of writing, there has been no comment by Donald Trump or his administration on this incident - but you can bet that the president will be taking to Twitter to rant about it at some point.