Guy shares a video of his dog who accidentally ate an edible and the footage has gone viral

Guy shares a video of his dog who accidentally ate an edible and the footage has gone viral

Dogs pretty much eat everything, don't they? Having visited my parents recently, who have brought a new puppy into their home, I can vouch for this. That particular doggo will knaw on every piece of furniture and bite anything that goes near her surprisingly sharp baby teeth - but luckily for my 'rents, she hasn't come across any weed.

Seth Mersing, an eighteen-year-old from Orange Grove, Texas, recently went viral when he posted a video of a pretty-stoned dog on Twitter. The three-year-old Chihuahua, named Rita, was walking with her owner in the park (according to Seth, anyway) when she ate something she found on the ground.

chihuahua Credit: Pexels

Soon after, she began "acting strangely," and even lost consciousness. Seth took her to the vet, where she started to recover - but was tested positive for THC, the active ingredient in marijuana. "Since how tiny she was, she found I’m guessing a wrapper with the THC wax or an actual edible," Seth told BuzzFeed News. "Dogs don’t know what they find!"

Once he knew everything was okay, Seth took a video of the dog in recovery and, let's be honest, she looks like she's high af:

The original tweet went viral, and now has over 68,000 retweets and nearly 200,000 likes on Twitter. For those that are wondering - Rita is fortunately a-okay, as we can see in Seth's follow-up photo of the mischievous mutt.

Now she's ready to get back out there and eat more random things she finds on the ground. Hopefully she doesn't come across any more edibles.