17 Tumblr posts that will give you flashbacks of your childhood
With all the newfangled technology we have these days, it's easy to forget how different things were just a decade or two ago. Cell phones were still luxuries, DVDs seemed ridiculously advanced, and WiFi was pretty much magic.
Now, however, internet access is pretty much treated like a human right, nobody bothers buying hard copies of films, and if you use anything other than the latest Apple or Android phone, you're considered a Luddite. For the most part, that's fine... but don't you sometimes wish you could go back to a simpler time?
Here's 17 Tumblr posts that'll make you feel nostalgic about those glorious days...
1. Freshly-sharpened pencils and packed lunches
2. *Puts hand on laptop screen* IT'S NOT THE SAME
3. Only because I got a Gameboy Advance
4. This is why you invest in one of those clip-on bookmark lights
5. Everyone had a story about this happening to their dad's cousin's uncle's dogsitter
6. And if you fell asleep in front of it you'd wake up to a bright white glare
7. Yes and yes
8. Climbing trees > sharing memes
9. Remember accidentally downloading 8754 viruses to your mom's computer
10. Megavideo was the OG Netflix
11. It was a simpler time
12. I smell a Kickstarter coming on
13. When unlimited data sounded like a pipe dream
14. I'm sorry, iTunes who?
15. Dial-up sounded like an alien battle cry
16. You can get adult-size Heelys. Just sayin'
17. My puffles are probably all dead now
They were simpler times, yes - but also happier ones. Say what you will, but I'll take Pokemon cards over Playstation games any day.