Conor McGregor's Dad has just revealed what really happened in Dublin gansgter pub brawl

Conor McGregor's Dad has just revealed what really happened in Dublin gansgter pub brawl

It seems like Conor McGregor is worming his way back into the headlines in recent weeks. While the MMA fighter used to be spoken about for his combat skills inside of the octagon and the ring, everyone is now talking about what he's been getting up to outside of the sport.

According to reports that have emerged over the last week, McGregor had a brawl with three men inside of The Black Forge in Dublin over the weekend. To make matters worse for the Crumlin-born fighter, it is reported that the men in question have close links to criminal activity within the city.

According to reports in the Irish Independent, the sports star tried to assault a man in the pub and when someone else tried to intervene, McGregor punched him in the face.

The man, who is in his 50s, is said to have close links with a convicted drug dealer who is reportedly connected to an infamous Irish gang. It is believed that the gang are now asking for a huge sum of money to put an end to the violence.

But while there are multiple witness accounts of the alleged incident, Conor's dad has been quick to dispel the rumours. Tony McGregor has refuted claims that his family are in danger of further violence from the Kinahan cartel, who are fronted by "Dapper Don" Christy Kinahan, along with his son Daniel.

Speaking to The Irish Mirror, Tony said:

"That’s all nonsense that is. Absolute nonsense. It’s an absolute nonsense story. It’s grown legs and it’s getting that ridiculous – it’s become funny.

"We have nothing to fear here whatsoever. There’s no one after us for anything. We’re a law-abiding family and we’ve stayed a law-abiding family. As a matter of fact, right now I’m going out to buy my TV licence.

"I’d view 95% of that story as nonsense and the other 5% is overly exaggerated. And that’s it. He’s at home with his son. We’re all just settling down for Christmas now. I’ve just got the grandson’s presents in today, they just came in from America. I’ll be wrapping them, putting them under the tree for the big day. That’s it."

A Facebook post the described the alleged incident read:

Connor McGregor kicked off last night in Dublin thinking he was the big b*llocks and got into a fight, then battered three heavy Irish gangsters and one of their dads, who now want 900k off him.

He flew out of the country first thing in the morning. He either pays up or pays someone to kill them, or his family will probably get it haha 

The only word from McGregor so far was a cryptic video on his Instagram, captioned "the celebrity", which merely shows the UFC star in a black hoodie with only his eyes visible.

Whatever is going on with McGregor, it certainly seems like he has lost his way a bit since his fight with Floyd Mayweather in August. I guess if you earned $100million in one night, you probably would lose your mind a bit.