Texts reportedly from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry sent to her dad revealed in court docs

vt-author-image

By VT

Article saved!Article saved!

As reported by BBC News and Sky News, newly released court documents have revealed text messages sent from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to Thomas Markle, Meghan's father.

This comes after Meghan and Harry took the unprecedented decision to step down as senior members of the Royal Family.

The text messages were sent prior to the couple's wedding in 2018, which Thomas Markle was unable to attend because of a reported "heart attack".

The messages were revealed in a lawsuit against Associated Newspapers that attempts to prove the couple's attempts to engage with Thomas and whether or not he would be walking his daughter down the aisle in the "lead-up to the wedding".

British talk show hosts discuss whether or not Meghan Markle will face her father in court: 
[[jwplayerwidget||https://content.jwplatform.com/videos/n5P0hBS3-Q0L14jDU.mp4||n5P0hBS3]]

According to the documents, on May 14, 2018, Thomas confirmed that he wouldn't be attending the wedding, and Prince Harry attempted to phone him for half an hour before texting him instead.

According to the papers, Prince Harry sent the following test from Meghan's mobile phone on May 14, 2018: "Tom, Harry again! Really need to speak to u. U do not need to apologize, we understand the circumstances but 'going public' will only make the situation worse."

"If u love Meg and want to make it right please call me as there are two other options which don't involve u having to speak to the media, who incidentally created this whole situation," he wrote. "So please call me so I can explain. Meg and I are not angry, we just need to speak to u. Thanks."

"Oh any speaking to the press WILL backfire, trust me Tom. Only we can help u, as we have been trying from day 1," Harry told the man who was about to become his father-in-law.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
[[imagecaption|| Credit: PA Images]]

Thomas allegedly didn't respond to the text messages at the time, but per Fox News, revealed to TMZ that he wouldn't be attending the wedding because he had suffered a heart attack. According to the court documents, Meghan did not know about the heart attack until it was reported in the media.

On May 15, Meghan attempted to contact her father again, saying that she was "very concerned" about his health.

She wrote: "I've been reaching out to you all weekend but you're not taking any of our calls or replying to any texts… Very concerned about your health and safety and have taken every measure to protect you but not sure what more we can do if you don't respond…Do you need help? Can we send the security team down again? I'm very sorry to hear you're in the hospital but need you to please get in touch with us….What hospital are you at?"

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle walking away.
[[imagecaption|| Credit: PA Images]]

Meghan sent another text ten minutes later which read: "Harry and I made a decision earlier today and are dispatching the same security guys you turned away this weekend to be a presence on the ground to make sure you’re safe... they will be there at your disposal as soon as you need them.

"Please please call as soon as you can.. all of this is incredibly concerning but your health is most important."

The legal documents revealed that Thomas refused the security offered by Meghan but said that he was okay.

According to the filing, Meghan had a missed call at 4.57 a.m. on the morning of her wedding but received no further communication from her father.

Thomas says he has been 'ghosted' during candid interview:
[[youtubewidget||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pzTzwym2IQ]]

Then, in December 2018, Thomas alleged that he had been "ghosted" by his daughter.

Texts reportedly from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry sent to her dad revealed in court docs

vt-author-image

By VT

Article saved!Article saved!

As reported by BBC News and Sky News, newly released court documents have revealed text messages sent from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to Thomas Markle, Meghan's father.

This comes after Meghan and Harry took the unprecedented decision to step down as senior members of the Royal Family.

The text messages were sent prior to the couple's wedding in 2018, which Thomas Markle was unable to attend because of a reported "heart attack".

The messages were revealed in a lawsuit against Associated Newspapers that attempts to prove the couple's attempts to engage with Thomas and whether or not he would be walking his daughter down the aisle in the "lead-up to the wedding".

British talk show hosts discuss whether or not Meghan Markle will face her father in court: 
[[jwplayerwidget||https://content.jwplatform.com/videos/n5P0hBS3-Q0L14jDU.mp4||n5P0hBS3]]

According to the documents, on May 14, 2018, Thomas confirmed that he wouldn't be attending the wedding, and Prince Harry attempted to phone him for half an hour before texting him instead.

According to the papers, Prince Harry sent the following test from Meghan's mobile phone on May 14, 2018: "Tom, Harry again! Really need to speak to u. U do not need to apologize, we understand the circumstances but 'going public' will only make the situation worse."

"If u love Meg and want to make it right please call me as there are two other options which don't involve u having to speak to the media, who incidentally created this whole situation," he wrote. "So please call me so I can explain. Meg and I are not angry, we just need to speak to u. Thanks."

"Oh any speaking to the press WILL backfire, trust me Tom. Only we can help u, as we have been trying from day 1," Harry told the man who was about to become his father-in-law.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
[[imagecaption|| Credit: PA Images]]

Thomas allegedly didn't respond to the text messages at the time, but per Fox News, revealed to TMZ that he wouldn't be attending the wedding because he had suffered a heart attack. According to the court documents, Meghan did not know about the heart attack until it was reported in the media.

On May 15, Meghan attempted to contact her father again, saying that she was "very concerned" about his health.

She wrote: "I've been reaching out to you all weekend but you're not taking any of our calls or replying to any texts… Very concerned about your health and safety and have taken every measure to protect you but not sure what more we can do if you don't respond…Do you need help? Can we send the security team down again? I'm very sorry to hear you're in the hospital but need you to please get in touch with us….What hospital are you at?"

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle walking away.
[[imagecaption|| Credit: PA Images]]

Meghan sent another text ten minutes later which read: "Harry and I made a decision earlier today and are dispatching the same security guys you turned away this weekend to be a presence on the ground to make sure you’re safe... they will be there at your disposal as soon as you need them.

"Please please call as soon as you can.. all of this is incredibly concerning but your health is most important."

The legal documents revealed that Thomas refused the security offered by Meghan but said that he was okay.

According to the filing, Meghan had a missed call at 4.57 a.m. on the morning of her wedding but received no further communication from her father.

Thomas says he has been 'ghosted' during candid interview:
[[youtubewidget||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pzTzwym2IQ]]

Then, in December 2018, Thomas alleged that he had been "ghosted" by his daughter.