Woman flooded with praise after opening up about her 'year of fun' after divorce

vt-author-image

By VT

Article saved!Article saved!

A 50-year-old divorcee is speaking openly about her year of unashamed promiscuity after she had sexual relations with several men following her separation from her husband -  who until then was the only person she'd ever slept with.

Australian mom Kate Harvey, who was married to her ex for 25 years before they filed for divorce, has three kids with her former spouse.

Not long before the Covid pandemic took over the world, the Melbourne woman learned that her husband had been cheating on her. She had received a phone call in 2019 from a man she didn't know, informing her of the infidelity.

Harvey later found out that her unfaithful husband had signed up to a dating site for married people, where he had been chatting with hundreds of women and met up with some of them in person.

For more than two years, Harvey had effectively been grieving over the breakdown of her marriage. Eventually, she felt ready to start seeing other men and now estimates that she's had up to a dozen sexual partners since January 2022.

Speaking on the Australian show Insight, Harvey said: "I stopped counting after a while," per the Daily Mail. 

Check out a snippet of the episode below:

Referring to the year she turned 50 as her "year of fun," she went on: "I went from being someone who had only slept with one man my entire life in January to double digits in December".

She revealed on the show that she has met some of her intimate partners on dating apps and others more organically.

"The youngest I've slept with was 28 and the oldest was 48," Harvey said. "My sweet spot is 38 to 44."

Harvey, who is a business owner, said her sexuality hadn't been a priority for her when she was younger.

Now, however, she is experiencing a "midlife sexual awakening" and netizens are praising her for it.

size-full wp-image-1263199282
Credit: Facebook
size-full wp-image-1263199283
Credit: Facebook
size-full wp-image-1263199284
Credit: Facebook

She said on the show that while her sex life with her ex was "fun and fulfilling at times", she is now fully exploring her sexuality."Now that I'm not in that relationship and there is time for me and to explore what I like, this is when it's come to the fore," she said.

"Things like rough play and role play and using toys more and all of these things which is a difficult conversation to have with someone you're in a long-term relationship with," Harvey said.

"The younger guys are quite fit so they can pick you up and push you against the wall and throw you on the bed. In my personal and professional life I'm the one in charge so it's lovely to give up that control and just be controlled and dominated."

Harvey also said that she feels 90% of older men aren't at "that level of attractiveness" of men that she is pursuing currently. The other 10% "don't tend to be that demonstrative" and they "don't tell you you're attractive" and act like you're "doing them a favor".

Harvey, who is also a writer and part-time actor, said she has no desire to enter into another long-term monogamous relationship.

Featured image credit: AlessandroBiascioli / Alamy

Woman flooded with praise after opening up about her 'year of fun' after divorce

vt-author-image

By VT

Article saved!Article saved!

A 50-year-old divorcee is speaking openly about her year of unashamed promiscuity after she had sexual relations with several men following her separation from her husband -  who until then was the only person she'd ever slept with.

Australian mom Kate Harvey, who was married to her ex for 25 years before they filed for divorce, has three kids with her former spouse.

Not long before the Covid pandemic took over the world, the Melbourne woman learned that her husband had been cheating on her. She had received a phone call in 2019 from a man she didn't know, informing her of the infidelity.

Harvey later found out that her unfaithful husband had signed up to a dating site for married people, where he had been chatting with hundreds of women and met up with some of them in person.

For more than two years, Harvey had effectively been grieving over the breakdown of her marriage. Eventually, she felt ready to start seeing other men and now estimates that she's had up to a dozen sexual partners since January 2022.

Speaking on the Australian show Insight, Harvey said: "I stopped counting after a while," per the Daily Mail. 

Check out a snippet of the episode below:

Referring to the year she turned 50 as her "year of fun," she went on: "I went from being someone who had only slept with one man my entire life in January to double digits in December".

She revealed on the show that she has met some of her intimate partners on dating apps and others more organically.

"The youngest I've slept with was 28 and the oldest was 48," Harvey said. "My sweet spot is 38 to 44."

Harvey, who is a business owner, said her sexuality hadn't been a priority for her when she was younger.

Now, however, she is experiencing a "midlife sexual awakening" and netizens are praising her for it.

size-full wp-image-1263199282
Credit: Facebook
size-full wp-image-1263199283
Credit: Facebook
size-full wp-image-1263199284
Credit: Facebook

She said on the show that while her sex life with her ex was "fun and fulfilling at times", she is now fully exploring her sexuality."Now that I'm not in that relationship and there is time for me and to explore what I like, this is when it's come to the fore," she said.

"Things like rough play and role play and using toys more and all of these things which is a difficult conversation to have with someone you're in a long-term relationship with," Harvey said.

"The younger guys are quite fit so they can pick you up and push you against the wall and throw you on the bed. In my personal and professional life I'm the one in charge so it's lovely to give up that control and just be controlled and dominated."

Harvey also said that she feels 90% of older men aren't at "that level of attractiveness" of men that she is pursuing currently. The other 10% "don't tend to be that demonstrative" and they "don't tell you you're attractive" and act like you're "doing them a favor".

Harvey, who is also a writer and part-time actor, said she has no desire to enter into another long-term monogamous relationship.

Featured image credit: AlessandroBiascioli / Alamy