Jay Slater's loved ones say somebody has logged in to his Instagram, as they slam 'sick' trolls and conspiracies

vt-author-image

By stefan armitage

Article saved!Article saved!

Jay Slater's loved ones have hit out at social media trolls and circulating conspiracy theories amid the search for the missing teenager.

They have also claimed that somebody has logged into Jay's Instagram account.

READ MORE: A Timeline - Everything We Know About The Disappearance Of Jay Slater

The 19-year-old from Oswaldtwistle in Lancashire was visiting the Spanish island as part of the NRG music festival. Jay had been staying in a holiday apartment with his friend, Lucy Mae Law, before heading out on Sunday.

However, during their night out, Jay opted to stay with two men he had met that evening rather than return to his shared apartment with Lucy Mae. The following morning (June 17), he called Lucy Mae and revealed that he was lost, thirsty, that his phone battery was critically low, and that he was going to attempt to walk back to their accommodation.



As the search - involving the Spanish Civil Guard, volunteers, rescue dogs, and more - enters its sixth day, Jay's loved ones have issued a statement regarding social media trolls and circulating conspiracy theories.

On Facebook, loved ones have created a group where they and others can share details about the ongoing search for the missing teen. As of this writing, the group boasts more than 485,000 followers.

However, it would appear that not every social media user has provided a helpful input, as the group's admin, Rach Louise Harg - who has been posting on behalf of Jay's family - shared a damning message to "sick" trolls.

"Right I can’t believe some people are actually this sick in the head there are people hacking my accounts and jays family’s making it pure lies and pretending we are all in it," she wrote in a post on Friday night (June 21). "Jays missing and it’s absolutely soul destroying that we can’t find him his mum is absolutely broken it’s cruel [sic].

"All the groups are full of trolls and sicko jays mums getting a call every second."

Harg continued: "I have people saying that people are screenshot conversations that Isn’t me it’s other people sickos taking over my picture and pretending it’s me."

"Jay is 5 days missing we don’t know it he’s alone or dead stop honestly if anyone thinks we are all in on it then take me off comment here and I’ll remove you my self. Jay we will find you," she added.

Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 10.11.37.jpg19-year-old Jay Slater went missing after a night out on the island on Sunday. Credit: Handout

In another post, Harg claims that somebody has also logged into Jay's Instagram account.

"Jays mums asked I post this.. for everyone asking who has logged into his instagram account it’s not him or her somebody else has logged into it [sic]," she typed in the group.

At this time, no further details have been provided.

Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 11.54.12.jpgCredit: Facebook

Jay was reported missing by Lucy Mae less than an hour after their phone call on Monday, June 17.

The 19-year-old had spent Sunday evening in an apartment on the north side of the island with new acquaintances.

Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 09.49.57.jpgJay Slater's final Snapchat shared hours before his disappearance. Credit: Snapchat

Jay had stayed at an Airbnb near the remote village of Masca, situated in the Rural de Teno Park, known for its mountainous terrain popular among hikers.

On Saturday, Jay's mom Debbie revealed that "someone has come forward" with new information and a possible sighting.

In a statement to the MailOnline, the concerned mom said: "Someone has come forward to say they saw someone who they thought was Jay walking back down the road sat on a bench.

“He was with two men looking a bit worse for wear, and they were by a church, this guy has come forward and told the police about it and they are looking into it. We don’t know if it was Jay for sure, but it’s a start.

“They said it was about 6:00PM which is ten hours after he was seen by the lady in the village. But if it was him what was he doing there and who are these two men?

“All I know is that I am going to stay here for as long as it takes, I’m not going home unless it’s with Jay. I’m not going anywhere until they find him."

Authorities also have not confirmed if the sighting was of Jay.

Featured image credit: Instagram

Jay Slater's loved ones say somebody has logged in to his Instagram, as they slam 'sick' trolls and conspiracies

vt-author-image

By stefan armitage

Article saved!Article saved!

Jay Slater's loved ones have hit out at social media trolls and circulating conspiracy theories amid the search for the missing teenager.

They have also claimed that somebody has logged into Jay's Instagram account.

READ MORE: A Timeline - Everything We Know About The Disappearance Of Jay Slater

The 19-year-old from Oswaldtwistle in Lancashire was visiting the Spanish island as part of the NRG music festival. Jay had been staying in a holiday apartment with his friend, Lucy Mae Law, before heading out on Sunday.

However, during their night out, Jay opted to stay with two men he had met that evening rather than return to his shared apartment with Lucy Mae. The following morning (June 17), he called Lucy Mae and revealed that he was lost, thirsty, that his phone battery was critically low, and that he was going to attempt to walk back to their accommodation.



As the search - involving the Spanish Civil Guard, volunteers, rescue dogs, and more - enters its sixth day, Jay's loved ones have issued a statement regarding social media trolls and circulating conspiracy theories.

On Facebook, loved ones have created a group where they and others can share details about the ongoing search for the missing teen. As of this writing, the group boasts more than 485,000 followers.

However, it would appear that not every social media user has provided a helpful input, as the group's admin, Rach Louise Harg - who has been posting on behalf of Jay's family - shared a damning message to "sick" trolls.

"Right I can’t believe some people are actually this sick in the head there are people hacking my accounts and jays family’s making it pure lies and pretending we are all in it," she wrote in a post on Friday night (June 21). "Jays missing and it’s absolutely soul destroying that we can’t find him his mum is absolutely broken it’s cruel [sic].

"All the groups are full of trolls and sicko jays mums getting a call every second."

Harg continued: "I have people saying that people are screenshot conversations that Isn’t me it’s other people sickos taking over my picture and pretending it’s me."

"Jay is 5 days missing we don’t know it he’s alone or dead stop honestly if anyone thinks we are all in on it then take me off comment here and I’ll remove you my self. Jay we will find you," she added.

Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 10.11.37.jpg19-year-old Jay Slater went missing after a night out on the island on Sunday. Credit: Handout

In another post, Harg claims that somebody has also logged into Jay's Instagram account.

"Jays mums asked I post this.. for everyone asking who has logged into his instagram account it’s not him or her somebody else has logged into it [sic]," she typed in the group.

At this time, no further details have been provided.

Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 11.54.12.jpgCredit: Facebook

Jay was reported missing by Lucy Mae less than an hour after their phone call on Monday, June 17.

The 19-year-old had spent Sunday evening in an apartment on the north side of the island with new acquaintances.

Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 09.49.57.jpgJay Slater's final Snapchat shared hours before his disappearance. Credit: Snapchat

Jay had stayed at an Airbnb near the remote village of Masca, situated in the Rural de Teno Park, known for its mountainous terrain popular among hikers.

On Saturday, Jay's mom Debbie revealed that "someone has come forward" with new information and a possible sighting.

In a statement to the MailOnline, the concerned mom said: "Someone has come forward to say they saw someone who they thought was Jay walking back down the road sat on a bench.

“He was with two men looking a bit worse for wear, and they were by a church, this guy has come forward and told the police about it and they are looking into it. We don’t know if it was Jay for sure, but it’s a start.

“They said it was about 6:00PM which is ten hours after he was seen by the lady in the village. But if it was him what was he doing there and who are these two men?

“All I know is that I am going to stay here for as long as it takes, I’m not going home unless it’s with Jay. I’m not going anywhere until they find him."

Authorities also have not confirmed if the sighting was of Jay.

Featured image credit: Instagram