The 10 most ridiculously awkward award show moments of 2018
It's difficult not to get caught up in all the glamour and glitz of award shows. Who can resist tuning in to watch the Oscars, or flicking over to check out the VMAs. There's always something to speculate about: namely who will manage to win something, and who will walk away with nothing. Who's going to milk their acceptance speech, and who's going to shed a tear when they get to nab themselves a shiny trophy?
But of course, even better than that that is all the toe-curlingly awkward moments that make us cringe into our sofas. Don't deny that you don't enjoy it: remember how many people sat up and took notice when Kanye interrupted Taylor Swift? Of course, you do. It was water cooler conversation for weeks afterwards, and lucky for us, 2018 didn't disappoint either. Scroll down to check out our top ten ridiculously awkward award show moments of the last year. See if you can make it through all then without wincing:
1. Mariah Carey's lip-syncing at the VMA's
2. James Franco stopping Tommy Wiseau from talking at the Golden Globes
3. When Tiffany Haddish couldn't pronounce Camila Cabello's name
4. When Madonna managed to make the Aretha Franklin tribute about herself
5. When Katy Perry accidentally hit someone in the face
6. This awkward non-kiss
7. And Nicole Kidman's awkward kiss of her husband
8. The bizarre questions Daniel Kaluuya was asked
9. Chrissy Teigen responding to speculation she was pregnant at the Emmys
10. Emma Stone calling out the Oscars for sexism
If you liked this article then why not do yourself a favour and check out this piece we penned a while back all about the most stunning-looking red carpet outfits from the VMAs this year. You won't regret it!