10 Incredible tiny easter eggs from the 'Harry Potter' movies you probably never knew about
If you're anything like me: a true Potter aficionado, a fountain of knowledge, someone who sounds like they've swallowed Hogwarts, a History whole and is now regurgitating it at random intervals at the invitation of precisely no-one, then you probably assumed that there were few surprises left for you in the Wizarding World.
Check out this video of Viktor Krum actor Stanislav Ianevski showing off his bulging muscles:
Well, dear reader, let this article be a lesson to you. You might have to swallow your pride, as I did, and admit that you didn't already know about all of these Easter eggs from the movies. And if you did, well, at least you can enjoy that warm, glowing feeling of knowing everything in advance, and bask in your own glory as you watch all around you gasp in surprise.
Ready? Here we go.
1. In the Philosopher's Stone, you can see Petunia Dursley in the background dyeing Dudley's old school clothes grey for Harry. It's a moment from the books, but is otherwise not acknowledged in the movies.
2. When Neville can't remember what he's forgotten, you can see he's the only one sat at the table without a cloak on.
3. Again in the Philosopher's Stone, Harry's scar starts to hurt as he looks at Severus Snape for the first time. But it's probably actually burning because Professor Quirrell has his back to Harry, therefore leaving Voldemort's face, covered by the turban, facing him.
4. A young Julianne Hough appeared as an unnamed Hogwarts student.
5. One of the options on Molly Weasley's magical clock that shows where her family is is 'prison'.
6. In the Chamber of Secrets, Ron's robes are far more careworn than other peoples', probably because they are hand-me-downs from his brothers.
7. There's what seems to be a portrait of Voldemort inside Hogwarts during the Prisoner of Azkaban movie
8. During the Goblet of Fire movie, you can see a replica model of the Deathly Hallows in Dumbledore's office.
9. In the Half Blood Prince movie, you can see Horace Slughorn's feet poking out while he is disguised as an armchair.
10. During the Half Blood Prince movie, you can see a picture of the cave where Voldemort would later hide a horcrux in his childhood bedroom at the orphanage.
Be honest, did you really know about all of those already? I've certainly got some more Potter trivia knowledge now. If you want more from the Wizarding World, have a crack at this Harry Potter quiz we wrote, it's one of the hardest out there!