Nine awkward moments from the 2020 Grammys you probably totally missed
Last night's Grammy Awards was jam-packed with memorable moments, however, a lot were very much a case of "blink and you'll miss it".
Take Ariana Grande's emotional performance of Thank U, Next, for example. After an extremely turbulent few years in her personal life, the 26-year-old teared up while thanking her dad for everything he's done for her.
Watch a clip of the emotional performance below:
However, some of the memorable moments weren't moving. Instead, they were just plain awkward, and we've compiled a list of the best. Enjoy!
1. The fact that no one stanned Sharon Osbourne's correspondence from the red carpet:
One person wrote: "Sharon Osborne should not be doing interviews. So unprepared and awkward. #GRAMMYs."
2. Ariana Grande was swearing a lot:
A fan wrote: "i'm laughing so much. i love no one more please."
3. Ariana got a lot of makeup on her gloves too:
An observant fan wrote: "@ArianaGrande's makeup rubbing off all over her gloves is EXTREMELY relatable 'winter content' #Grammys"
4. Nick Jonas had food stuck in his teeth during his Grammys performance:
Watch it below:
5. Flavor Flav was there and people were confused:
A viewer joked: "Lmaoooo flava flave just in the audience being flava flave."
6. Lizzo's hilarious backstage "reaction" to her win:
This Twitter user wrote: "I'VE SEEN BETTER ACTING IN RIVERDALE SHE ALREADY KNEW SHE WON THROW THE WHOLE SHOW AWAY #GRAMMYs"
7. People were convinced that Lil Nas X was lipsynching:
"Lil Nas x performed with actual Nas at the Grammy's and lip-synced... I'm livid," wrote one Twitter user.
Another questioned: "Sooo does Lil Nas X actually perform? He always [lip-syncs]."
8. The Grammys didn't get everyone's name right:
A journalist wrote: "Um, did you mean RIC Ocasek, #GRAMMYs."
9. This happened to poor Lewis Capaldi:
He wrote on Twitter: "A lady at the grammys [sic] has just come up and offered to take my seat because she thought I was one of the people who sits in the chairs to fill them when someone gets up to use the bathroom #GRAMMYs."
Here's hoping that next year's event is a little less awkward...