Europe's biggest swinger festival arrives in UK
Hundreds of swingers are gearing up for Europe's biggest sex festival, the aptly named the Swingfields festival. Having debuted just six years ago, it has been running every year since.
Randy attendees are shelling out £415 for a chance to enjoy everything the three-day x-rated festival has to offer, with about 700 other guests to help satisfy them in their quest for casual sex.
Take a closer look at this year's Swingfields' festival site:
This year, the annual sex fest will be taking place on a stretch of farmland in Malvern, Worcestershire. Upon arrival, guests are given a colour-coded wrist band in order to show other revelers what it is that they are looking for.
There are several categories that guests fall into. 'Hot wives' are married women looking for casual extramarital sex. 'Bulls' are well-endowed men - either married or single - who enjoy casual sex and then there are the 'unicorns', that is, single women in the swinging scene - apparently a rare sighting.
There are a number of terms you'll want to familiarise yourself with if you're looking to try out the raunchy lifestyle. For instance, a 'full swap' is when a couple swaps partners for intercourse whereas a 'soft swap' entails swapping partners for oral sex. 'Same room' is when couples have sex in front of each other.
There are also a number of glamping options you can take advantage of if you so wish. These include the bell tents which are fitted with proper beds and party tents that sleep up to 12 people.
Just like at more mainstream festivals, there is a formal set of rules and regulations that guests are expected to follow.
For instance, there is a dress code - a pretty lax one admittedly. You just need to ensure that your bottom half is always covered while you're in the festival arena.
Phones are also banned from use in the festival arena, although use in your own tents is allowed.
Here just some of the terms and conditions festivalgoers must abide by:
- THIS IS AN ADULT ONLY EVENT.
- No sexual services or entertainment can be offered, anybody found breaching this rule will be immediately removed.
- The festival is a PRIVATE event, and not open to the public.
- No members of the Press or Journalists are allowed on site in any capacity.
- As with previous years, no refunds can be given and no ticket transfers are allowed.
- We ask this year that photo ID is brought along so that we can ensure genuine ticket holders only access the event, to ensure that all guests can enjoy the privacy that they deserve.
- Single Gentleman – before booking please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your profile name. We wish to confirm you have a well verified profile (minimum 2 personal verifications) and we may ask you to provide further information before booking. Any bookings made without adherence to this condition will render your ticket invalid and no refunds will be granted.
- By proceeding with a booking and ticket purchase you confirm that you are not a member of the press, media, other communication vehicle not pre-approved by the event management team or a commercial competitor.
- You confirm that you will not divulge personal information or the location of the event, once notified, to ANY third parties who have not booked to attend the event, to ensure no unwanted guests attempt to gain entry.
- Exit from the Festival site is ONLY allowed for Medical reasons, anybody leaving the site must provide photo ID on re-entry and we refuse the right of re-admission if not for medical purposes.
- If a "Couples" ticket is purchased then both parties MUST attend the event and MUST arrive together.
- You agree that during the festival, and on vacation of the site, you will remove all personal litter/rubbish from your pitch area using the bin bags provided.
- You may bring your own alcohol for use in the camping area. The main festival arena is fully licensed and any alcohol consumed within the indicated arena area must be purchased from the bar. Any alcohol from "own" sources found in the arena area will be confiscated and destroyed.
- Anybody intoxicated or causing a nuisance to other guests will be asked to leave by our security team.
- The management of Swingfields run a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on any form of illegal drug use. Anybody found selling or providing any illegal drugs will be detained and passed to the local Police.
- BBQs may be used, please check with the events team where they may be used. They must be raised OFF the ground.
- Cameras and camera phones are strictly not allowed anywhere on site. Phones may be used ONLY in the car park area.
- Vehicles are left at the owners' risk. The management team cannot accept ANY responsibility for items left in vehicles or the camping area.
- Smoking is not allowed inside any of the inside areas, bar, chill-out areas, shower blocks or toilets. Please use sand buckets.
- Guests are respectfully asked to ensure toilets & showers are left as you find them and to report any issues to the events management team.
- DO NOT use sinks in the toilet blocks for washing up or disposal of chemical toilets or other liquids as it may result in units having to be closed and you will be asked to leave the site.
- Any communication to the media will be considered a breach of confidentiality and legal proceedings will be taken by the event organisers.
- We ask that use of showers is contained to no more than 5 minutes to ensure continuity of service and cleaning is carried out effectively.
According to organiser Deb Harrison, people have various misconceptions about the swinger community. Rather than the sleazy and sordid affair that many deem the three-day festival to be, it is, according to Harrison, just another form of 'socialising' and about getting like-minded people together in the hope that they will find chemistry or some sort of connection with other festivalgoers.