15 totally outrageous comments people heard from their therapists
At some point in life, many of us might start to experience the sorts of problems we simply can't deal with on our own. Whether it be a traumatic event, a problem with a relationship, or perhaps an ongoing mental health issue, there are some things we just need an extra helping hand with - and that's where therapists come in.
By providing impartial advice and working towards recovery for their client, a therapist is supposed to help "fix" whatever problem it is that someone has come in with. Unfortunately, it seems that sometimes their sessions do more harm than good...
1. That's probably not something to be proud of
2. Probably the worst thing you could ever say to someone in therapy
3. "But have you tried not being ill?"
4. Did she give any further explanation?
5. Hopefully someone else can provide some better help
6. This is such a serious issue and shouldn't be brushed aside
7. If only it were that easy
8. It means they're a terrible therapist
9. I don't even understand what they were trying to say here
10. I feel like more context is needed here
11. Sounds like a very Freudian way of thinking
13. This is just cruel
14. Literally the exact opposite of what they are supposed to do
15. How are there so many terrible therapists out there?
While therapy is intended to help, then, it seems that some people came away with only negative experiences. Don't let that put you off seeking this kind of treatment if you ever need it, though - there are far more capable therapists out there than terrible ones.