In a world where everybody claims they have the answer to improving your health and wellbeing, this may be the most bizarre suggestion yet. You can keep your yoga and five fruits and vegetables a day, but "perineum sunning" is the latest influence trend that has people getting the sun to hit where it isn't supposed to shine.
Instagram influencer Ra - who describes himself on his profile as a "Student/Teacher of Human Technology" who aligns "humans to their fullest spectrum self", recently shared a video that shows three naked men lying on the ground and pointing their backsides to the sun.This woman started nude yoga to help women feel more empowered:
In the viral video - which has been viewed 36,000+ times as of this writing - the men make sounds of pleasure as they soak up the rays in an area of their body I can honestly say I have never sunned.
The video caption simply reads: "Butthole sunning".
At the start of the video, Ra informs the viewers: "In a mere 30 seconds of sunlight on your butthole, you will receive more energy from this electric node than you would in an entire day being outside with your clothes on."
I won't share the video in question, but here is a rather fun screenshot:
Ra of Earth (to use his full name) has also posted a step-by-step "Sun Worship exercise" pulled from The Tao of Sexology: The Book of Infinite Wisdom by Dr. Stephen T. Chang that says the practice can help keep this part of the body "healthy and free of germs".
And there are more Instagrammers out there who swear by this unique practice.
Metaphysical Meagan from California claims absorbing the sunlight in the intimate area helps her to sleep better and regulate her hormones.
She captions an image of her fully starkers on a rock:
"Perineum sunning is an ancient Taoist practice that originated in the Far East. In Taoism, the perenium or Hui Yin is called the 'Gate of Life and Death.' This is a gateway where energy enters & exits the body.
I first learned about perineum sunning through my studies of Taoism and Tantric practices."
"The benefits of perineum sunning include:
- It brings in prana or solar energy from the sun into the organs within the body which strengthens the organs.
- Perineum sunning prevents against the leakage of chi or life force energy from the body. This in turn sustains health & longevity of the physical body.
- Increases creativity and creative output.
- Aids in a healthy libido & balanced sexual energy.
- 30 seconds of sunlight on the perineum is equivalent to being in the sun all day with your clothes on.
- It regulates the circadian rhythm and promotes deeper sleep.
- Grounds and connects you to the Earth.
- Increases your personal magnetism and amplifies the auric field.
- Better focus & mental stimulation.
- Regulates hormone function in the sex organs."
"My experience with perineum sunning has been profound. I have been practicing this for a few months now. I start my day with 5 minutes of perineum sunning & feel energized for hours. I no longer rely on coffee for energy to start my day because I am getting my energy from the sun. I also am experiencing better sleep and require less sleep due to boost of overall energy. [sic]"
So, is your undercarriage in need of some vitamin D? I'd actually rather you didn't let us know in the comments section.