Man gets bottle stuck in rectum after 'using it to scratch backside'

Man gets bottle stuck in rectum after 'using it to scratch backside'

If you thought "the dog ate my homework" was the most ridiculous excuse you've ever heard, just wait until you hear this...

Doctors in China have removed a seven-inch-long glass bottle from the rectum of a 60-year-old man after he "accidentally" inserted it into himself after attempting to "scratch his backside", the Daily Mail has reported.

The bizarre case has since been documented by the Hospital of Western and Traditional Chinese Medicine in the city of Dongguan.

The patient - known only as Mr Wen - reportedly told doctors that, while using the bottle to scratch an itch, it suddenly "slipped" into his body.

As you can probably imagine, people on social media have had a good giggle at Mr Wen's situation, and more importantly, his excuse:

Mr Wen was admitted to a hospital on November 12 in China's Guangdong Province after experiencing difficulty walking with the two-inch-wide object stuck in his rear. Wen was also left unable to defecate and experiences abdomen pains.

Dr Lin Jun, the director of the Department of Colon and Rectal Surgery at the hospital, oversaw his treatment.

This isn't the only bizarre surgery that's recently made headlines. This woman was left in agony after her bum implants rotated inside of her:

Following a physical examination, Dr Jun detected the object lodged in Mr Wen's rectum roughly two inches from his anus. A subsequent X-ray later confirmed that the item was indeed a bottle.

Dr Jun quickly arranged for a surgical procedure to immediately to extract the foreign object from the Mr Wen. The operation was a success with no reported complications.

And in case you were wondering, the bottle in question was used to hold a traditional Chinese mosquito repellent and itch soother. The irony...

Mr Wen was discharged from the hospital on the same day and reportedly experienced no further issues from his experience, although, Dr Jun has said that if people are experiencing an itch in an intimate place, it is better to consult a medical professional.