18 People reveal their tips for getting over rejection quickly
Getting over a relationship or dealing with rejection from someone you care for is never easy. However, if you want to be able to move on with your life, it's something that simply has to be done.
Fortunately, there are loads of options to choose from. Personally, I normally go for the "hide away and watch Netflix for a few weeks before gradually emerging - with the help of lots of ice cream and pizza - in order to reconnect with society" method, but I know that's not particularly healthy. So, if that doesn't appeal to you, here are 18 other options that will help you mend your broken heart...
1. Easier said than done
2. Sometimes you just need to grow a thicker skin
3. Having a strong support group is helpful in any situation
4. Step back and take a look at the bigger picture
5. Plenty more fish in the sea
6. Who needs Netflix and chill when you can have Playstation and snacks
7. Time heals all wounds
8. It's not going to happen overnight
9. Truer words have never been spoken
10. Live and learn
11. They're not worth your time anyway
12. This seems like the beginning of a never-ending chain
13. The classic rebound solution
14. Everybody loves a good wallow now and then
15. There's no shame in crying
16. Just don't throw yourself into another relationship
17. Did someone say spa day?
18. Remind yourself it's a life experience
So if you've recently been let down by someone, or had to put an end to a longstanding relationship, just remember that takeaway and video games will never let you down. Or, failing that, you could always just hook up with someone else.