ADVERT
Entertainment News4 min(s) read
Warning: This article may contain some distressing information.
The lawyer representing Kim Zolciak and Kroy Biermann’s 15-year-old son has spoken out following the teenager’s arrest on aggravated sodomy and aggravated sexual battery charges.
Jason Sheffield, attorney for Kroy “KJ” Biermann, strongly maintained his client's innocence while slamming the circumstances surrounding his arrest.
"First and foremost, this is not the kind of information that should be for public dissemination. These are juveniles," he told US Weekly. "Secondly, my client is 100 percent innocent and tried to present evidence to the arresting officer, including a passed polygraph by a notable and respected sex offender polygrapher."
The lawyer claimed the allegations came from KJ previously rejecting the alleged victim's advances.
"Sadly, these false allegations are a desperate cry for attention and are motivated by my client’s past rejection of the alleged victim’s unwanted advances. The fact that he’s been arrested and is being held without bond is a tragedy. He is not only presumed innocent but is, in fact, innocent," Sheffield said.
Sheffield also spoke about the findings detailed in the police report as he questioned the decision to arrest KJ.
"Additionally, the officer’s report notes the GBI [Georgia Bureau of Investigation] found no male DNA on or inside the areas the alleged victim claimed she was assaulted. Had the officer sat down with me, I feel certain she would’ve never made an arrest," he said.
According to court documents, a minor female classmate accused KJ of assaulting her in a gym changing area on April 23.
She alleged to investigators that KJ forced himself on her after she said no while they were in a co-ed sauna.
Court records claim KJ tried "multiple times to have sexual intercourse with her by trying to pull down her pants."
She further accused him of sexual assault and alleged that she "finally managed to get away from him".
The court papers claim KJ then "pulled up his pants and left".
Per the filing, the classmate attended school the following day and allegedly encountered KJ's girlfriend before leaving campus and going to a Starbucks, where she contacted her family and said she was having a "panic attack".
She subsequently underwent an examination at North Fulton Hospital in Georgia. Per the police report, the April 24 examination found no evidence of male DNA in her mouth or vagina, Fox 5 Atlanta reported.
"I will work tirelessly to demonstrate to the District Attorney’s office the mean-spirited nature of these false allegations and to bring a close to this matter as quickly as possible. I’m asking the public not to presume the truth of these allegations and to give the families on both sides their space and privacy," Sheffield said.
The teen is one of the children Zolciak, 48, shares with her estranged husband, Kroy, 40, whom she married in 2011 before the couple split in 2023.
The former couple is also parents to son Kash and twins Kaia and Kane. Kroy also adopted Zolciak's eldest daughters, Ariana and Brielle, whom she welcomed during a previous relationship.
KJ was booked in Alpharetta, Georgia, on felony charges earlier in the week. He is currently being held at the Metro Regional Youth Detention Center without bond.
The teen's mom, who is best known for starring on Real Housewives of Atlanta, previously broke her silence following news of KJ's arrest and strongly disputed the allegations.
"The allegations being made against my son are nothing short of reckless and deeply troubling. He categorically denies ever being involved with this woman or engaging in the conduct she has alleged," she said, per Page Six.
"My son voluntarily took a polygraph examination regarding these allegations and passed. Additionally, an examination was conducted, and no DNA belonging to my son was found."
Zolciak continued: "False accusations can have devastating consequences not only for the person being accused, but also for genuine survivors of sexual assault and abuse. Every legitimate allegation deserves to be taken seriously and investigated based on the facts and evidence."
"At the same time, no one should be publicly condemned based solely on an accusation. We remain confident that the facts and evidence will establish the truth, and we ask that people allow the proper process to take its course rather than spreading unproven allegations," she concluded.
KJ's preliminary hearing has been scheduled for September 8.
If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, please contact the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) or rainn.org in the US, or contact rapecrisis.org.uk or call 0808 500 2222 in the UK.