Chef Ben Churchill makes the most confusing illusionist desserts
When is a dessert not a dessert? For me, that's when it's just fruit. Fruit is not a dessert, and you should not date anybody who thinks otherwise. But for chef Ben Churchill (not to mention for the purposes of this article), half of his dessert creations are, in fact, not desserts at all.
Confused? I was too, initially. The pictures I'm about to show you look like everyday items you come across while living through life. But not only are each of these photos 100 percent edible, they're pretty delicious too. Behold - the most delicious (and confusing) food illusions out there.
1. A 'carrot cake' like you've never seen one before
2. A nice healthy breakfast, or decadent dessert?
3. This mouldy orange is totally safe to eat... and is not actually a mouldy orange
4. An apple a day keeps the doctor away
5. Believe it or not, this is actually edible
6. Reminds me of a nice day at the beach
7. It can't do the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs, but this Millennium Falcon sure is delicious
8. This KFC meal is Finger Lickin' Good in a completely different way
9. Another dessert, eggs-pertly disguised
10. This Final Fantasy weapon looks absolutely delicious
11. This looks like some stinky cheese, but is in fact a delicious cheesecake
12. Nothing to see here, just a carrot growing in a plant pot
13. Don't go too sour on this food illusion
14. Do you want to build a snowman?
15. It's Pickle Rick!
Oh gosh. After looking at all these different cakes, I'm having a little trouble distinguishing between what's reality and what is cake. So, if you see me chewing on random items around the place, I haven't lost my mind: you know exactly why.