Here's what 12 of your iconic rom-com crushes actually look like now
There's nothing better for when you have a cosy night in than a good rom-com; especially if you're single and feeling a bit lonely and vulnerable. Maybe its because romantic comedies are like modern-day fairy tales. They're ultimately aspirational stories with relatable protagonists; someone who we inherently root for and want to see sweep the object of their affections off their feet. In these kinds of movies, the lead always ends up with their true love, no matter what seemingly-impossible obstacles stand in their way.
There are loads of classic rom-coms out there, some of which will feel quite nostalgic upon a rewatch. So, in case you've forgotten what they look like, here's how much the handsome male leads have changed over the years, compared to the characters they played on the silver screen. Scroll down to check them out.
1. Josh Lucas - Sweet Home Alabama (2002)
2. Hugh Grant - Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994)
3. Carey Elwes - The Princess Bride (1987)
4. Joseph Fiennes - Shakespeare in Love (1998)
5. Justin Long - He's Just Not That Into You (2009)
6. Matthew McConaughey - How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003)
7. Billy Crystal - When Harry Met Sally (1989)
8. Joseph Gordon-Levitt - 500 Days of Summer (2009)
9. Ben Stiller - There's Something About Mary (1998)
10. Richard Gere - Pretty Woman (1990)
11. Jason Segel - Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008)
12. Paul Rudd - Clueless (1995)
One of the most common tropes to be found in romantic comedies is the 'meet cute' - a scene in which the two love interests bump into each other accidentally, and through chance and circumstance end up together by the time the credits roll. But what you might not know is that the concept of the meet cute is starting to actually occur in real life. Check out these 12 tweets about real life meet cutes for more heartwarming stories.