12 Actors who look totally different to their on-screen characters
The mark of a good character actor is their ability to embody any role, and to seamlessly become a completely alternate persona on a whim. Often, a great actor is able to completely transform themselves, and take on the characteristics of the person they're playing so minutely, that they become more or less unrecognisable as a result.
Some actors make money based on how iconic their faces are, and the box office draw that their features can boast studios. Whereas others blend into the background when the director calls cut, and you might not even notice them if you saw them in the street.
To prove it, we've collated a list of some of the most cunningly-disguised actors in show business, who look totally different when compared to their on-screen characters. Scroll down to check out just how different they really look in real life.
1. Uzo Aduba - Orange is the New Black
2. Judy Greer - Arrested Development
3. Millie Bobby Brown - Stranger Things
4. Matthew McConaughey - True Detective
5. Laura Gómez - Orange is the New Black
6. Sophie McShera - Downton Abbey
7. Noel Fisher - Shameless
8. Ariel Winter - Shameless
9. America Ferrera - Ugly Betty
10. Shannon Purser - Stranger Things
11. Naomi Grossman - American Horror Story
12. Rory McCann - Game of Thrones
It's pretty crazy how different they all look, right? Just goes to show you how hard all those folks in the makeup department work. But sometimes those people actually manage to do their job too well, like when a secret celebrity cameo on Deadpool 2 was so subtle that even the crew didn't know about it.