World3 min(s) read
Hackers confirm they have playable GTA 6 build and won't stop leaking until demand is met
A hacker group called Cyberleek has confirmed it has a fully playable build of Grand Theft Auto 6 and says it will not stop releasing footage until Rockstar and Take-Two meet a single demand.
The group has leaked gameplay footage four times in the past two weeks.
The latest clip, posted this morning, shows the game's main character Jason flying a plane around the map, the in-game radio playing, and the game responding to real player inputs in real time.
At the end of the video, Jason shoots a wall and spells out the word 'Leek' - which is a message.
Not from a pre-recorded Rockstar demo, but from someone sitting at a screen playing the actual game.
The post accompanying the footage on X has been viewed 236,000 times in under two hours.
"Yes I have [a] playable build of the game," Cyberleek wrote.
What the hackers want
Cyberleek has stated publicly that the leaks will continue until Rockstar and its parent company Take-Two Interactive 'issue a public statement and apology with a concrete commitment to do better' regarding GTA 6's lack of a proper physical disc release.
GTA 6 is scheduled for November 19 on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S.
It will not ship with a game disc.
Buyers of the physical edition will receive a box containing a download code, not a playable disc.
This has been a point of fury among a vocal section of the gaming community for months.
Cyberleek appears to have turned that frustration into action.
What has been leaked so far
This is the fourth leak in roughly two weeks.
The group has been dropping new footage every other day.
The first showed the game's open world map being explored on foot.
The second included combat mechanics and vehicles.
The third showed more detailed gameplay.
The fourth, today, confirmed the group has its own build by having Jason interact with the environment in a way that could only come from someone controlling the game live.
So far, only Jason has appeared in the leaked footage.
Lucia, the game's female lead, has not been shown. That could mean the build only covers the early portion of the game, or it could mean Cyberleek is holding the bigger reveals back.
The Gamer reports that rumors of the group having access to GTA 6's ending 'just got a lot stronger'.
What Rockstar and Take-Two have done
Take-Two has been issuing DMCA takedown requests to scrub the leaked footage from the internet.
Videos have been removed from YouTube and other platforms, but they keep getting reposted.
Neither Rockstar nor Take-Two has made a public statement addressing Cyberleek directly.
The group's demand for an apology and a physical disc commitment has not been acknowledged.
Rockstar had already confirmed that an Extended Look at GTA 6, essentially a third trailer with extended gameplay, will be released on August 27.
Whether the ongoing leaks change the timing or content of that reveal is unknown.
Why this matters
GTA 6 is the most anticipated game in the history of the industry.
Its predecessor, GTA 5, has sold over 210 million copies and generated billions in revenue through its online mode. The sequel has been in development for over a decade.
Having a playable build stolen and leaked three months before launch is a disaster for Rockstar.
It means the hackers can release footage of any part of the game at any time.
Story spoilers, ending sequences, unannounced features, anything. Every day between now and November 19 is a potential landmine.
For fans who have waited over a decade, the situation is a nightmare.
Dodging spoilers for a film that runs two hours is hard enough.
Dodging spoilers for an open-world game that could be leaked one clip at a time across three months is something else entirely.
Cyberleek says it has more footage ready. Take-Two says the videos must come down. Neither side appears to be backing off.
The game comes out on November 19. That is 91 days away. And someone out there is already playing it.













