Likely cause of death for 3 Americans mysteriously found dead in Mexican Airbnb revealed

vt-author-image

By Phoebe Egoroff

Article saved!Article saved!

Three Americans on vacation who were mysteriously found dead at their Mexican Airbnb in October likely died from toxic gas inhalation, local outlet WAVY reports.

The trio - 28-year-olds Kandace Florence and Jordan Marshall, as well as 33-year-old Courtez Hall - were vacationing in Mexico City to celebrate Dia De Los Muertos, or Day of the Dead, in late October.

wp-image-1263177151 size-full
Kandace Florence, Jordan Marshall, and Courtez Hall were vacationing in Mexico City to celebrate Dia De Los Muertos, or Day of the Dead, in late October. Credit: Richard Ellis / Alamy

It was to be their last vacation, however, as all three tragically died from inhaling fatal levels of carbon monoxide, per an autopsy report acquired by Bloomberg.

Florence had been on the phone with her boyfriend on October 30 when she revealed that she had begun to feel ill, saying something didn't feel right. The call then allegedly dropped, with Florence's boyfriend - who was back in the United States - subsequently unable to get in contact with her.

The New York Post detailed that Florence's boyfriend requested a welfare check from Airbnb, causing police to turn up. Officers reported noticing a strong odor emanating from the apartment before they discovered the bodies of Florence, Marshall, and Hall.

The outlet had previously reported on the deaths of three other Americans at a luxury Bahamas resort in May. The medical examiner in the case revealed their deaths were the result of carbon monoxide poisoning.

According to The Nassau Guardian, the three were staying in two separate adjacent rooms - with officials revealing that there was no trauma inflicted on their bodies.

Up to 430 people die each year from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in the US, with another 50,000 visiting emergency rooms after accidental inhalation, per The New York Post.

Our thoughts and sympathies are with the family and friends of Kandace Florence, Jordan Marshall, and Courtez Hall at this tragic time.

Featured image credit: Koshiro K / Alamy

Likely cause of death for 3 Americans mysteriously found dead in Mexican Airbnb revealed

vt-author-image

By Phoebe Egoroff

Article saved!Article saved!

Three Americans on vacation who were mysteriously found dead at their Mexican Airbnb in October likely died from toxic gas inhalation, local outlet WAVY reports.

The trio - 28-year-olds Kandace Florence and Jordan Marshall, as well as 33-year-old Courtez Hall - were vacationing in Mexico City to celebrate Dia De Los Muertos, or Day of the Dead, in late October.

wp-image-1263177151 size-full
Kandace Florence, Jordan Marshall, and Courtez Hall were vacationing in Mexico City to celebrate Dia De Los Muertos, or Day of the Dead, in late October. Credit: Richard Ellis / Alamy

It was to be their last vacation, however, as all three tragically died from inhaling fatal levels of carbon monoxide, per an autopsy report acquired by Bloomberg.

Florence had been on the phone with her boyfriend on October 30 when she revealed that she had begun to feel ill, saying something didn't feel right. The call then allegedly dropped, with Florence's boyfriend - who was back in the United States - subsequently unable to get in contact with her.

The New York Post detailed that Florence's boyfriend requested a welfare check from Airbnb, causing police to turn up. Officers reported noticing a strong odor emanating from the apartment before they discovered the bodies of Florence, Marshall, and Hall.

The outlet had previously reported on the deaths of three other Americans at a luxury Bahamas resort in May. The medical examiner in the case revealed their deaths were the result of carbon monoxide poisoning.

According to The Nassau Guardian, the three were staying in two separate adjacent rooms - with officials revealing that there was no trauma inflicted on their bodies.

Up to 430 people die each year from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in the US, with another 50,000 visiting emergency rooms after accidental inhalation, per The New York Post.

Our thoughts and sympathies are with the family and friends of Kandace Florence, Jordan Marshall, and Courtez Hall at this tragic time.

Featured image credit: Koshiro K / Alamy