Prosecutors are reportedly considering charging the woman who allegedly pushed her friend off a 60ft bridge

Prosecutors are reportedly considering charging the woman who allegedly pushed her friend off a 60ft bridge

Thousands were left appalled last week when a video of a 16-year-old girl being pushed off a bridge, falling 60 feet into water, emerged online.

The footage into question showed teenager Jordan Holgerson hesitating atop a bridge in Moulton Falls Regional Park in Yacolt, north of Portland. Deciding not to jump, she is allegedly heard mumbling "No, I won't go", only to be shoved off the bridge by a friend and sent plummeting towards the water from more than three stories in the air.

Viewers of the jarring 9-second clip were left even more outraged upon learning that Holgerson was left seriously injured after the incident. Despite her attempt to land toes first and limit any damage, she suffered five cracked ribs, a bruised oesophagus, injuries to her trachea, as well as air trapped in the lining of her lungs, according to her mother.

However, a week after the incident went viral, justice may be about to be served, with reports suggesting that prosecutors are considering charging suspected pusher Taylor Smith.

The Columbian reported Tuesday that the Clark County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit had completed its investigation into the incident and was forwarding the case to the prosecutor’s office for possible charges. In a press release, the sheriff’s office added that 18-year-old Smith is cooperating with investigators.

During a Thursday press conference at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center, where Holgerson was recovering, a trauma surgeon reportedly stated it may take months for 16-year-old Holgerson to fully heal. In an interview with local media outlets earlier in the week, Jordan's mother Genelle also opened up about her daughter's recovery, claiming that she could have ended up dead as a result of the prank.

"Recovery’s gonna be slow with her ribs, and her chest. I don’t see any hopes of leaving today," she said. "If she fell a different way she could have broken her neck, become paralysed. She could have died. My daughter’s gonna have a long road to recovery and I think that she should probably just turn herself in – realise what she did wrong. This is not okay. She could have killed my daughter."

Smith reportedly told NBC News in a text that she has apologized to 16-year-old Holgerson repeatedly and that she "feels really bad about what happened.”

She is also reported as saying that she has stayed away from home due to receiving threats.

We wish Jordan a speedy recovery.