Man with 'crime pays' forehead tattoo arrested after police chase

Man with 'crime pays' forehead tattoo arrested after police chase

An Indiana man with the words "crime pays" tattooed on his forehead is behind bars once again - just months after footage of him, his conspicuous ink and his lawbreaking ways first went viral, The New York Post reports.

Donald Murray, 38, from Terre Haute, Indiana was arrested for car theft following a drug-fuelled police chase.

The Terre Haute Police Department wrote the following about the suspect on its official Facebook page:‪

"After a short pursuit this morning, THPD arrested Donald Murray. Murray was charged with resisting LE (felony), resisting LE (misdemeanor), reckless driving, possession of methamphetamine, maintaining a common nuisance, and auto theft."

This recent incident comes just months after he was pursued by authorities for a crime of a similar nature.

One night, this past December, Murray was captured on camera engaging in a police chase without his headlights on. Moments later, he crashed into a tree and continued on foot.

If you needed any proof that crime really doesn't pay, check out this video of a hotel clerk in Kentucky turning the tables on a robber:

The incident was broadcast on the TV show Live PD, which featured his mugshot and an appeal for any information on him.

A number of viewers who recognized Murray's distinctive tattoo tipped off the authorities. He was eventually arrested and charged with resisting law enforcement and reckless driving.

Murray was released just about a month ago on January 14 but was arrested again this week. He now faces several charges including car theft, resisting law enforcement and, possession of methamphetamine.

When his mugshot was shared online, Twitter users began roasting Murray for his forehead tattoo.

"He's not making a very good case for crime paying," one person wrote.

Another added: "I hate to judge a person on his looks but…."

Donald Murray is currently still in police custody and will be appearing the court this week, according to The New Zealand Herald.