Woman's dog left suffering seizures and unable to stand after eating 'meth-filled human poop'

vt-author-image

By stefan armitage

Article saved!Article saved!

A pet owner has spoken out after her dog was left suffering seizures after eating human feces contaminated with methamphetamine.

Vancouver native Chloe Lerner has revealed that she regrets not having pet insurance after her French bulldog, named Rizzo, was left requiring urgent medical help.

Now, any dog owners out there will tell you that pooches tend to eat just about anything, but one utterly disgusting meal left Rizzo unable to stand on her own four paws.

Speaking to Canadian outlet City News, Lerner revealed that the alarming incident took place back in November 2022 while she was on a routine evening walk with her beloved dog. While on the walk, however, Rizzo wolfed down some human poop without Lerner's knowledge.

Then, Lerner says she experienced every "dog owner’s worst nightmare".

More on this story in the video below:

"She was having seizures," Lerner said of her beloved Frenchie. "She couldn’t stand upright, she just flopped over to her side and was shaking. Rizzo is a healthy, strong dog, but this is a dog that had no control over her body."

After rushing Rizzo to a 24-hour pet hospital, the veterinarian immediately carried out tests on the pooch.

When the results came back, it was confirmed that Rizzo had tested positive in her bladder for methamphetamine.

Olympic Village veterinarian Dr. Sarah Armstrong spoke to City News about the case, revealing that she's seen "dogs eat just about anything" throughout her career.

"Dogs, in general, are scavengers," she told the outlet. "They will go for anything stinky but Frenchies are generally food motivated."

To make matters worse for Lerner, the vet bill came to nearly $2,000 - and she didn't have any pet insurance.

"I thought maybe this is something I don’t need, but I was really wrong," the pet owner said.

With vet bills ranging from "$1,000 to $10,000", Dr. Armstrong also spoke about the importance of pet insurance, especially if you don't have that sort of money lying around.

"I absolutely recommend pet insurance, it’s a great safeguard," Dr. Armstrong said. "With the cost of vet care rising and a lot of that has to do with inflation, vet bills are getting more expensive."

The good news is that Rizzo is once again healthy and back to her old self. Let's just hope she's no longer attracted to anything smelly.

Featured image credit: Mark J. Barrett / Alamy

Woman's dog left suffering seizures and unable to stand after eating 'meth-filled human poop'

vt-author-image

By stefan armitage

Article saved!Article saved!

A pet owner has spoken out after her dog was left suffering seizures after eating human feces contaminated with methamphetamine.

Vancouver native Chloe Lerner has revealed that she regrets not having pet insurance after her French bulldog, named Rizzo, was left requiring urgent medical help.

Now, any dog owners out there will tell you that pooches tend to eat just about anything, but one utterly disgusting meal left Rizzo unable to stand on her own four paws.

Speaking to Canadian outlet City News, Lerner revealed that the alarming incident took place back in November 2022 while she was on a routine evening walk with her beloved dog. While on the walk, however, Rizzo wolfed down some human poop without Lerner's knowledge.

Then, Lerner says she experienced every "dog owner’s worst nightmare".

More on this story in the video below:

"She was having seizures," Lerner said of her beloved Frenchie. "She couldn’t stand upright, she just flopped over to her side and was shaking. Rizzo is a healthy, strong dog, but this is a dog that had no control over her body."

After rushing Rizzo to a 24-hour pet hospital, the veterinarian immediately carried out tests on the pooch.

When the results came back, it was confirmed that Rizzo had tested positive in her bladder for methamphetamine.

Olympic Village veterinarian Dr. Sarah Armstrong spoke to City News about the case, revealing that she's seen "dogs eat just about anything" throughout her career.

"Dogs, in general, are scavengers," she told the outlet. "They will go for anything stinky but Frenchies are generally food motivated."

To make matters worse for Lerner, the vet bill came to nearly $2,000 - and she didn't have any pet insurance.

"I thought maybe this is something I don’t need, but I was really wrong," the pet owner said.

With vet bills ranging from "$1,000 to $10,000", Dr. Armstrong also spoke about the importance of pet insurance, especially if you don't have that sort of money lying around.

"I absolutely recommend pet insurance, it’s a great safeguard," Dr. Armstrong said. "With the cost of vet care rising and a lot of that has to do with inflation, vet bills are getting more expensive."

The good news is that Rizzo is once again healthy and back to her old self. Let's just hope she's no longer attracted to anything smelly.

Featured image credit: Mark J. Barrett / Alamy