Mom shares warning to all parents after daughter to bitten by snake hiding in her toys

vt-author-image

By VT

Article saved!Article saved!

A mom has taken to social media to share a warning to all parents and caregivers after her daughter was bitten by a snake hiding in her toys.

Kate Gardner Foust, an elementary school teacher who hails from the town of Jackson in Tenessee, took to Facebook on October 14 to share how her 19-month-old daughter, Emmy Joe, was bitten on the ankle by a copperhead.

Related - This man was attacked by a snake hiding by his friend's doorbell: 
[[jwplayerwidget||https://content.jwplatform.com/videos/VlmLzk5c-Q0L14jDU.mp4||VlmLzk5c]]

According to WSMV News, little Emmy Joe was with a babysitter at the time of the incident, who was forced to dial for the emergency services when the child started screaming in pain after being bitten by the venomous reptile.

Foust's husband Logan managed to find and kill the animal before it did any more harm, but Emmy Joe had to be rushed to a nearby hospital when her leg began swelling alarmingly.

[[facebookwidget||https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10102769585396028&set=pcb.10102769587866078]]

Foust took to Facebook to share an image of her little girl's injured leg, as well as an image of the copperhead lying at the bottom of her sink.

In a warning addressed to other parents, Foust wrote: "My Precious 19 month old Emmy Joe was bit by this copperhead. Hiding right beside our back door with her toys. [sic]"

[[facebookwidget||https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10102785290792288&set=pcb.10102769587866078]]

Foust continued: "Many of you have asked how big the snake was. This is it. When asked at the hospital what Logan killed it with, he said he didn’t even know. The first thing he saw. Adrenaline was kicking.

"We were both hoping it was a chicken snake but when Logan went back and moved the toys his heart immediately dropped into his stomach."

[[facebookwidget||https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10102785290812248&set=pcb.10102769587866078]]

Foust added:

"Please, please check your kids toys before they go outside to play. This has been a very hard and emotional process for both of us.

"Seeing your baby in pain knowing their is nothing you can do is one of the hardest things to do as a parent. [sic]"

[[facebookwidget||https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10102785290887098&set=pcb.10102769587866078]]

WSMV reports that Emmy spent two days in the hospital as a result of the bite, and has now been released. In the above status, her mother added that she was doing much better, although her leg is still "sensitive."

Mom shares warning to all parents after daughter to bitten by snake hiding in her toys

vt-author-image

By VT

Article saved!Article saved!

A mom has taken to social media to share a warning to all parents and caregivers after her daughter was bitten by a snake hiding in her toys.

Kate Gardner Foust, an elementary school teacher who hails from the town of Jackson in Tenessee, took to Facebook on October 14 to share how her 19-month-old daughter, Emmy Joe, was bitten on the ankle by a copperhead.

Related - This man was attacked by a snake hiding by his friend's doorbell: 
[[jwplayerwidget||https://content.jwplatform.com/videos/VlmLzk5c-Q0L14jDU.mp4||VlmLzk5c]]

According to WSMV News, little Emmy Joe was with a babysitter at the time of the incident, who was forced to dial for the emergency services when the child started screaming in pain after being bitten by the venomous reptile.

Foust's husband Logan managed to find and kill the animal before it did any more harm, but Emmy Joe had to be rushed to a nearby hospital when her leg began swelling alarmingly.

[[facebookwidget||https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10102769585396028&set=pcb.10102769587866078]]

Foust took to Facebook to share an image of her little girl's injured leg, as well as an image of the copperhead lying at the bottom of her sink.

In a warning addressed to other parents, Foust wrote: "My Precious 19 month old Emmy Joe was bit by this copperhead. Hiding right beside our back door with her toys. [sic]"

[[facebookwidget||https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10102785290792288&set=pcb.10102769587866078]]

Foust continued: "Many of you have asked how big the snake was. This is it. When asked at the hospital what Logan killed it with, he said he didn’t even know. The first thing he saw. Adrenaline was kicking.

"We were both hoping it was a chicken snake but when Logan went back and moved the toys his heart immediately dropped into his stomach."

[[facebookwidget||https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10102785290812248&set=pcb.10102769587866078]]

Foust added:

"Please, please check your kids toys before they go outside to play. This has been a very hard and emotional process for both of us.

"Seeing your baby in pain knowing their is nothing you can do is one of the hardest things to do as a parent. [sic]"

[[facebookwidget||https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10102785290887098&set=pcb.10102769587866078]]

WSMV reports that Emmy spent two days in the hospital as a result of the bite, and has now been released. In the above status, her mother added that she was doing much better, although her leg is still "sensitive."