Loading...
Celebrity3 min(s) read
Published 10:10 20 May 2026 GMT
A TikTok star and her father have been arrested in connection to an alleged plot for the murder of her ex and father of her daughter.
According to reports from TMZ, TikToker Gabbie Gonzalez, 24, was arrested on May 18 by the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office before being transferred to Los Angeles County custody and booked on a felony charge relating to an alleged murder-for-hire plot against former Why Don't We singer Jack Avery.
According to court records, Gonzalez is currently being held without bail and was arraigned on Tuesday, May 19, in a Los Angeles County Superior Court.
She is being held on a charge of conspiracy to commit murder, and her father Francisco Gonzalez was also arrested Monday in Florida in connection to the same case, according to TMZ.
According to law enforcement sources, the alleged plot is reportedly related to a custody battle between Gonzalez and Avery over their seven-year-old daughter, Lavender.
As reported by TMZ, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department says Francisco allegedly became heavily involved in the dispute, with one witness reportedly telling investigators "it would be cheaper if Jack were dead."
According to the outlet, authorities believe that the alleged plan dates back to 2021, including alleged surveillance of Avery while he was living in Hawaii.
Investigators claim that members of the Gonzalez family attempted to get videos and photographs of the singer smoking or drinking in an attempt to use them against him in the custody battle.
Francisco allegedly wrote in communication cited in the report: "Call Barca … never too early,” believed to be in reference to Dustin Barca.
Authorities also claimed Gonzalez and her friend Kai Cordrey later attempted to recruit Barca to threaten Avery.
The outlet reports that a witness told investigators that the Gonzalez' sent Cordrey $10,000 electronically in April 2021 under the guise of “web-development payments”. Cordrey allegedly later told investigators that the reason was fabricated and that he had not performed web services for the family.
According to the outlet, Cordrey provided information which led to a federal agent posing as a hitman on a phone call with Francisco, in which investigators allege they discussed payments and the intended target.
Avery has filed for a court-ordered protection of their daughter in the wake of Gonzalez's arrest, per court documents obtained by The California Post.
In the filings, which were submitted on Tuesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, Avery has requested a domestic violence restraining order against Gonzalez and for “sole legal and sole physical custody” of their daughter, while requesting for the court to ban Gonzalez from visitation pending further proceedings.
The filing cites that the emergency request was prompted by Gonzalez's arrest, as well as ongoing harassment and safety concerns.
The New York Post reports that the filing states: "The acts of abuse described in the attached declaration have taken place in front of the minor child.
"Gabriela attempted to kill me by hiring a hit man. Gabriela is not stable and not able to act in the best interest of our daughter."
He also claimed their daughter had been placed temporarily with a foster family in Northern California after Gonzalez's arrest, until he was able to travel to pick her up.
Avery added that the situation allegedly caused him "fear of death, chronic anxiety, depression, [and] post-traumatic stress disorder."
The reported investigation has allegedly been ongoing for several years, with Avery saying in a September interview that FBI agents had allegedly arrived at his home to warn him someone was allegedly attempting to have him killed, though he did not publicly identify Gonzalez and praised her parenting at the time.