Woman left unable to sleep in her own room for three days after looking inside vacuum cleaner

vt-author-image

By VT

Article saved!Article saved!

In an incident that screams “classic Australia,” a woman recently recounted a spine-chilling discovery she made while tidying up her room.

Let's face it: vacuuming can be therapeutic for some, but most wouldn't expect to find a venomous spider hiding among the dust bunnies. Such was the horror faced by TikToker @lucetteromy, who shared her harrowing experience on the platform.

The young Australian was going about her cleaning ritual when she decided to vacuum behind the cushions in her room. To her horror, post-cleaning, she discovered she had sucked up a massive funnel-web spider.

For those unfamiliar with this creature, it's not just any spider. Funnel-web spiders are among the world's deadliest, with their venomous bite capable of killing a child in a mere 15 minutes.

@lucetteromy recounted the experience in her TikTok video, saying, "So this is from one day when I was vacuuming my room when I was living in Australia. And I vacuumed behind the cushion that was on my floor, and sucked up a funnel-web spider, which is one of the most deadly spiders in the world. This is a pretty big one, it was just in my bedroom. I hysterically cried for about an hour and didn't sleep in my room for three days, so that's on Australia."

Imagine being blissfully unaware, sleeping soundly, only to discover later that one of nature's most lethal arachnids was in close proximity.

@lucetteromy's visceral reaction is captured in the video, where she can be heard exclaiming, "oh my god this is the most f**king terrifying thing ever," before frantically wondering what to do next.

In a world where oversized spiders exist, one might wonder if it's time to double-down on household cleaning. But not every spider sighting ends in horror.

wp-image-1263233760 size-full
Credit: Auscape / Getty

Drawing a contrast, there's a tale of a British man who found an enormous spider from Australia in his home.

Despite the initial shock, the man's compassion shone through. Upon learning that the spider would likely be killed if professionals removed it, he canceled the call and instead sought out a friend willing to give the spider a new home.

size-full wp-image-1263233764
Credit: Wolfgang Kaehler / Getty

So, while the deadly critters of Australia continue to haunt our nightmares, it's comforting to know there are still some who advocate for a more compassionate approach. But one thing is certain: the next time you pick up your vacuum cleaner, you might be checking the contents a little more closely.

Featured image credit: cottonbro studio / Pexels

Woman left unable to sleep in her own room for three days after looking inside vacuum cleaner

vt-author-image

By VT

Article saved!Article saved!

In an incident that screams “classic Australia,” a woman recently recounted a spine-chilling discovery she made while tidying up her room.

Let's face it: vacuuming can be therapeutic for some, but most wouldn't expect to find a venomous spider hiding among the dust bunnies. Such was the horror faced by TikToker @lucetteromy, who shared her harrowing experience on the platform.

The young Australian was going about her cleaning ritual when she decided to vacuum behind the cushions in her room. To her horror, post-cleaning, she discovered she had sucked up a massive funnel-web spider.

For those unfamiliar with this creature, it's not just any spider. Funnel-web spiders are among the world's deadliest, with their venomous bite capable of killing a child in a mere 15 minutes.

@lucetteromy recounted the experience in her TikTok video, saying, "So this is from one day when I was vacuuming my room when I was living in Australia. And I vacuumed behind the cushion that was on my floor, and sucked up a funnel-web spider, which is one of the most deadly spiders in the world. This is a pretty big one, it was just in my bedroom. I hysterically cried for about an hour and didn't sleep in my room for three days, so that's on Australia."

Imagine being blissfully unaware, sleeping soundly, only to discover later that one of nature's most lethal arachnids was in close proximity.

@lucetteromy's visceral reaction is captured in the video, where she can be heard exclaiming, "oh my god this is the most f**king terrifying thing ever," before frantically wondering what to do next.

In a world where oversized spiders exist, one might wonder if it's time to double-down on household cleaning. But not every spider sighting ends in horror.

wp-image-1263233760 size-full
Credit: Auscape / Getty

Drawing a contrast, there's a tale of a British man who found an enormous spider from Australia in his home.

Despite the initial shock, the man's compassion shone through. Upon learning that the spider would likely be killed if professionals removed it, he canceled the call and instead sought out a friend willing to give the spider a new home.

size-full wp-image-1263233764
Credit: Wolfgang Kaehler / Getty

So, while the deadly critters of Australia continue to haunt our nightmares, it's comforting to know there are still some who advocate for a more compassionate approach. But one thing is certain: the next time you pick up your vacuum cleaner, you might be checking the contents a little more closely.

Featured image credit: cottonbro studio / Pexels